Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randi

Thread: Screaming Eagle Restaurant or Marandin?

Screaming Eagle Restaurant or Marandin?

Hi Everyone,

My fiancee and I are researching different venues to host our wedding next May. In addition to resorts we are also inquiring with different restaurants on the island. So far the Screaming Eagle and Marandin have responded and advised that they can accomodate a private ceremony and reception.

Has anyone been to either restaurant? Any thoughts on hosting a wedding there?

Thanks,
    Vanessa

Aruba since 1979
    I have dined at neither.
    (yes dined at mararandi at former location. )

Marandi has a lovely outdoor setting.
    SE is closer to hotels/resorts.

When you did your site visit, did you have preference?
    What other restaurants didmu consider and did you visit them?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Go with Pinchos

Aruba since 1979
    pinchos is a great idea cindy and the surfside area there is a terrific spot for a wedding ceremony and then the meal/reception at pinchos!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Go with Pinchos

My vote is for BAREFOOT!! Been to Marandi's, Screaming Eagle, Pinchos and while all are good, Barefoot beats them all, IMO!

Barefoot- great food and beautiful ambiance (either beach dinning or ask for table at front overlooking beach with an open ceiling).
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thank you all for the great replies. We havent yet visited Aruba, we are hoping to research as much as we can and then head down in September for a visit.

We envision our wedding to be somewhere near the water, with an intimate ceremony near or overlooking the beach, followed by a private reception in an open aired venue that has a view of the beach.

Are there any venues that I may have missed in my research that would fit bill?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Agree with randi
    Go with barefoot

Quote Originally Posted by VanessaS View Post
    We envision our wedding to be somewhere near the water, with an intimate ceremony near or overlooking the beach, followed by a private reception in an open aired venue that has a view of the beach.

Are there any venues that I may have missed in my research that would fit bill?
    But you don't want to be ON the beach, correct?
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    While you are in Aruba, check out Manchebo, also. The beaches there are not so busy, and they have an outdoor pavillion right on the beach for receptions.

Without a doubt, go for Marandi! We also arrive there by boat.
    Suzanne is great! We will have our wedding there in October, and its the part of the wedding that I have an absolute relaxed feeling about. I just know everything will be great and Suzanne and her team will do everything and more to make it perfect!