Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking ADVICE - Aruba Wedding in RIU or Ren. Private Island

Question Seeking ADVICE - Aruba Wedding in RIU or Ren. Private Island

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this board and need some feedback from the newlyweds! I'm trying to plan a wedding in Aruba for April 2010 and have been trying to decide between RIU or Renaissance private island. I am not sure about the costs for either of them as I'm still waiting to hear back. I've heard that Ren island is beautiful but I heard it is much more expensive. I haven't seen any posts about weddings in RIU and I'm reluctant to have the wedding on the beach with people whistling and hollering and ruining my day! Ren island seems to be more private. I'm not sure if they have a private area to hold the beach ceremony and where do they have their reception locations. I have about 35 guests and want them to have fun and have the best experience since none of them have ever gone to aruba! I am also looking to photographers as well as either a DJ or band. I'm looking to not spend a whole bunch of money. I've heard recommendations on DJ Tino and Equator Band, but do not know how they sound. As far as photographers, I've looked into Elnathan Photography. He is reasonably priced and I like his work.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or have worked with any other vendors they recommend or even has had their wedding at RIU that they can share their experience?

Any information would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Thanks so much!
    Jennifer

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Jennifer, chech out the photos I have put in the gallery here on this site.
    IMOP, I would have my wedding on Renn island if I could do it over again.
    Thats where I tell my daughters every year that their weddings will be.
    We go every April and have seen many weddings set up there, and in estimation, it is perfect...cindyo

I do agree with CindyO, the Ren Island is more romantic, and its all your and your guest.

HI everyone! Thanks for your reply.

Cindyo, I checked your pics out and they look gorgeous! Did you work with a wedding coordinator? Would you suggest buffet style or sit down? There's so many to choose from this package list they sent me! And did you go with their services on a photographer/videographer? Music/steel pan band/DJ services?

Jennifer,
    We did not have a ceremony on the island, maybe I confused you....BUT, if I were to do it again, it would be there. We got married 21 yrs ago in RI...
    Anyway, they have a coordinator at the Rennaissance, I would use them. If I DID do it again, I would be served, not up walking around, just sitting and enjoying the gorgeous scenery.
    There is a dance floor under the sand that they sweep off. Bands, don't know about them. I will tell you some singer that my daughters speak of, timba land(sp?) had his wedding there early this year.
    If you do decide to do it there I will give you a few tips..
    Order a cake that is low, what I mean is, one day my husband and I rode over late one afternoon, and watched a tall cake bob up and down with the waves...they bring it over on the boat...
    Wear low shoes or sandals, heels sink
    Wear a dress with little or no train, it gets full of sand walking and dragging

A few things about the island
    you must ride a boat over, guests really like that
    there is a casual restaurant that serves a nice lunch during the day
    there are tennis courts, a red sail sports shop, pink flamingos, several bathrooms, nice walkways on both sides, lots of hammocks....
    Guests not staying at the Renn must pay 75.00 to go over for the day...
    Just a great place...
    So, if you have any more questions ask away. cindyo
    Last edited by cindyo; 01-21-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Wedding at Renaissance Island.
    Wedding at RIU
    These are images from both locations. I would want to believe that the island would be costlier but it's exclusive and from your post I can read that exclusivity is of great importance.

Hope this helps,

PLEASE private message Bryan for the links
    andrea j
    Bryan Morris
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-23-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Jennifer, Bran Morris is a wonderful photographer. The pictures he has posted from past weddings and family events are magnificent. He's just posted, and if I were doing it again,he would be my choice.
    Brian, I had not seen those photo's from Renn island, they are gorgeous! cindyo
    Last edited by cindyo; 01-22-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Hello Jennifer,
    Happy planning for your Aruba wedding,
    I think wherever you go in Aruba you will be very happy. Through the Renaissance I have heard they have a great deal for wedding packages that cannot be beat with all they offer. Elite, romantic and affordable you can't beat that for a dream wedding. The RIU I cannot give you information since I do not know much of what they offer.
    Here are a few links on past weddings that can help you out in seeing what they offer.
    Enjoy your Aruba wedding,

See site below
    or
    Private message angela for info
    andrea j

Angela Munzenhofer
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-23-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: to delete links that could be perceived as self promoting
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Jennifer, Angela is also a very talented photographer., she is at bella aruba....take a look at her site also...don't want to show any preference as I have also seen her great work !!!!!! cindyo

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    wow by readding all these nice comment it will help JT20 for have everything done by that date
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast