Aruba Beach

Thread: Sharing 3/17 wedding photos - Soooo happy!

Sharing 3/17 wedding photos - Soooo happy!

Hi everyone,

I first want to say thanks to everyone on this forum because it has been invaluable to me as I planned my Aruba wedding from Ohio in less than three months! I didn't have a wedding planner, just kept things simple and my 3/17 wedding was perfect! My husband and I were married at City Hall by Betto Christiaans in an intimate ceremony, then off with our photographer for photos downtown and on the beach. Betto performed a very nice service.

Based on recommendations on this forum and his awesome website, I used the services of Bryan Morris Photography. We couldn't be happier!! Bryan is such a professional and really goes above and beyond what you might expect. He probably would have continued taking photos (way longer than we contracted for) if we hadn't pooped out on him! He made it a really fun experience for us and we got the pleasure of spending some time with his wife and children as well. What a super family!

Bryan just posted some photos on his blog. There's also a link to a slideshow, if you are interested. I've included the direct links below. His work is really amazing.

http://bryanmorrisphotography.com/blog/2008/04/01/lori-mossor-scott-milner/

http://bryanmorrisphotography.com/slideshows/milner/

I also used the services of Aruba Flower Fountain and was very happy with their work. I emailed Edison with a photo of what I had in mind and it was delivered right to our resort at the requested time. As you can see in the photos, it was beautiful and it was just what I asked for. He even provided a description of the flowers for my newspaper write-up and was extremely helpful all the way through!

As I said, I found this forum to be a great help to me in my planning, so I hope this will help some of you. If I can answer any questions, send me a message!

Best wishes to all,
    Lori
    Last edited by LoriM; 04-02-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    Lori and Scott.......JUST MARRIED IN ARUBA!
    March 17, 2008

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lori and Scott, thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. Best wishes....

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Lori and Scott,Thanks for sharing your wedding photos,best wishes for a long happy life together....Loved the ones in the phone booth.

Gorgeous dress!
    What a GREAT tie for the troipical island location!!! (used to be a men's clothing buyer for a national retailer )
    Beautiful couple!!!!
    Many many happy years of wedded bliss wished your way.

Lori And Scott Those Were So Beautiful - Thanks For Sharing Them And Your Story. My Fiance And I Got Engaged In Aruba Last April - We Have Been Together For 10 Years And It Was Very Unexpected. I Would Love To Get Married There. It Is Like The Us Do You Have To Get A License And Blood Tests Ahead Of Time Or Can You Do It At Last Minute?

Joanie A

Hi Joanie,

Congratulations! Getting married in Aruba is a beautiful experience and you can make it as simple or as elaborate as you wish. Since you got engaged there, I think it sounds like the perfect place to return for a marriage and honeymoon! (Or what I like to call a wedding-moon!) Just think how beautiful your wedding pictures will be! I'm one of those people who likes to do things differently, so getting married in a tropical destination was a perfect choice for us. Some people hire wedding coordinators/planners and this is probably a good choice if you want a larger event with several guests coming in for the occasion, and want to have a reception of some sort. We kept ours simple, just the two of us, and I was able to plan everything from afar via email and a few phone calls. All we really needed was someone to perform the service, a photographer and some flowers!

There are no blood tests required, BUT you can't get married at the spur of the moment. I planned mine fairly quickly (a few months) but that is pushing it. You will have to gather some documents (birth certificates, passports, copy of divorce decree if you were married before...) and get them approved by the Aruba Registrar about 30 days before you want to get married. The hardest thing for me to locate was the "Letter of No Record". It took a while for me to find someone who knew what the heck that was, but once I contacted the right department (in Ohio, that is the Dept of Health, Vital Statistics Dept), I got it within a few weeks. It is basically a record from your state saying there is no current record of marriage for either of you and that you are free and clear to marry. It must be accompanied by an Apostille seal, which comes from the Secretary of State and verifies the authenticity of the document.

The link below will give you specifics on everything you will need.
    http://www.aruba.com/specializedvacations/honeymoon.php Click on the "click here for marriage requirements" link from there.

I hope this is helpful in your planning. If you have more questions, post them here - everyone is very helpful and knowledgable. I've only been to Aruba once, so I'm no expert, but I'm glad to share my own experience. You can also send me a Private Message here, if you'd rather.

Good luck and let us know if we can help!
    Lori
    Last edited by LoriM; 04-03-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    Lori and Scott.......JUST MARRIED IN ARUBA!
    March 17, 2008

Thank So Much Lori - I Am Actually Leaving For Aruba Next Weds But No Wedding Plans Yet. We Have Both Been Married Before So I Really Like How You Had Just The Two Of You. So Simple And Beautiful!!

Thanks
    Joanie

Lori I would love to talk to you...I don't have yahoo but if you could pm me with your email address I would greatly appreciate it