Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tipping

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    hey it will depend what you feel that day of the wedding if you feel good regarding everything you see and your guest are happy the serves is great you know what to do my friend one happy island enjoy it
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Quote Originally Posted by Junewedding View Post
    Who and how much do we tip? We are having 60 people at a wedding this summer and realize we should tip for good service. Any ideas on the following:

Pastor
    Wedding coordinator
    DJ
    Wait Staff and Bartenders
    photographer
    Hairstylist
    Make-Up

Any others and how much?

Thanks
    We also got married in October 2007 in Aruba and my understanding was that tips were including in the high service fee / tax the wedding planner charged, nevetheless, we did tip the photographer and the hairdresser because they were absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond. I don't remember how much, but I think I gave $40.00 u.s. to the hairdresser... Good luck and enjoy your day!

tips

I am getting married in June too. Has anyone tipped their wedding coordinator?
    Photographer?
    DJ?
    Hair make up?
    anyone else?
    The hotel staff (servers/bar tenders helping at the reception)
    Please let me know

Just my opinion, but I would tip the pastor, and the personal service people like the hair dressers, make-up, etc. about 15% and anyone who goes above and beyond 20%. The others seem to me to be businesses with fees set accordingly as part of regular operations and tipping would not be expected.

It is not the guests "fault" that the big hotels do not pass on the 15% service charge to their employees. If they are charging a "service fee" then tipping sounds like gouging. I have very strong opinions about that and won't waste your time here.

Just my opinion, just saying...
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    If you're happy, then tip away....

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I checked with my wedding planner and the 18% service charge is only added to food & beverages which goes to the waiters, cooks, stewards, etc. anything else they just add the tax and its up to you to tip if you want to. i feel the only ones above that who should be tipped would be the photographer, DJ, wedding planner, steel drum player. I usually tip 20% though if these people are half as good as they have been in the planning stages, I probably would tip 25% but just to those people, no one else. obviously that would wait till the end to make sure they are that good but that's where I would stand on a wedding situation.

Aruba since 1979
    did you intend to post this is this old thread or this one Tip the Vendors??? ?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I checked with my wedding planner and the 18% service charge is only added to food & beverages which goes to the waiters, cooks, stewards, etc. anything else they just add the tax and its up to you to tip if you want to. i feel the only ones above that who should be tipped would be the photographer, DJ, wedding planner, steel drum player. I usually tip 20% though if these people are half as good as they have been in the planning stages, I probably would tip 25% but just to those people, no one else. obviously that would wait till the end to make sure they are that good but that's where I would stand on a wedding situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12