Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Torn about location... RIU vs. Renaissance

baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too
    Hi MellyD!
    I was contemplating different locations too but in the end decided for the RI because of the private setting. We witnessed a couple of weddings on public beaches in Aruba and seeing people walking between your arch and the ocean in the middle of the ceremony (yes, this really happened - i was amazed at these peoples' idiocy) - we just knew we could not handle that. So we chose RI. Our wedding is in July 2011.
    Good luck with your decision!

Quote Originally Posted by milacik21 View Post
    We witnessed a couple of weddings on public beaches in Aruba and seeing people walking between your arch and the ocean in the middle of the ceremony (yes, this really happened - i was amazed at these peoples' idiocy) - we just knew we could not handle that.
    Out of curiosity, would you still have this issue if you were married at the southern end of the Amsterdam Manor's beach near the Divi Tree?

Hi. I just got married at the Rennaissance and on the island. While it was beautiful, I think I would now have preferred staying at the RIU. I will be doing a recap on everything from the wedding but I just have not had time. PM if you want more information.

baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too
    Arubalisa,
    this was all when facing the ocean, right of the restaurant, fairly away. I do not remember what the left of it had looked like. But, some people just have no boundaries, so this could have happened anywhere. Some were standing 50 yards from the whole thing recodring on their iphones, some were in the water following it from the ocean. I could have sworn this thing went to youtube by the end of the evening.
    There were also people yelling from party buses during the ceremony, taking pictures from cars etc. Really disturbing, if you were the bride (I imagine).
    Actually I was quite crushed myself, as this was my #1 choice in location for my wedding. But, after this, with every minute as uninvited people were "partaking" in this wedding, we realized that we just can't handle that.
    Quite disappointing, as they have such a great restaurant (Passions) and the wedding planner (Lissy) and the manager (Anne) we met, were extremely nice and I would recommend them to any bride.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Out of curiosity, would you still have this issue if you were married at the southern end of the Amsterdam Manor's beach near the Divi Tree?

Thanks for the follow up milacik21. I am positive that other future brides will take all your observations into consideration.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I am looking at these posts because my stepdaughter is considering a wedding in aruba. as far as people walking on the beach, viewing from boats. i would think if you chose to get married on a public beach, you would have to expect that. i've already started a file for her from posts i've read, the people on this forum are great. i'm sure if she chose this island, it would need to be the palm beach area. they are young, early 20's and so are her friends so she would want to be within walking distance of the action. i'll have to start a file on the Riu, lol....

Aruba since 1979
    if i were getting married on aruba AND i had a wedding planner or photographer.........i would ask the planner put up little signs or notifications near the "vow area" saying please do not stand in this area "photo zone".

I just experienced the Renaissance with my wedding. And it does have its low points when dealing with the coordinator and the hotel itself, but the Island is beautiful and my wedding was amazing.

Read my review, it will let you know exactly how I feel about the Renaissance.

Sas.

if you want privacy then go with Renaissance, they also have a all in clusive plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette Oduber View Post
    if you want privacy then go with Renaissance, they also have a all in clusive plan!
    I didn't think drinks were?

more info ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast