Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Town hall Music

Town hall Music

Hi all

This is my first post!

We are getting married in Aruba in Oct this year (2011).

We are having our civil service at the town hall at 11am and then a beach blessing at 4pm.

As the townhall is going to be our main wedding....i would like to know what the arrangements with music are. Some people are saying there isnt normally any?? I find this alarming...since i would like to walk in to SOMETHING - even if i could arrange for a violinist to play for a short time.

I have asked my wedding planner and also emailed the town hall direct but none have replied

We did not want to go to the townhall ourselves to get married in casual clothes etc and so doing it the traditional way. It will be very disappointing to have no music...when its the first time my fiance will see me in my dress etc..

Can someone advise??

Thanks
    Kerry

Aruba since 1979
    possibly Karen lutzker, or robert, or photosbyjulia will respond.

your inquiry is unique and i hope that you can get an answer.

here is the phone number to mr christianns.....he is the primary person in charge of marriages .

011-297-583-4400

andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-17-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Hello Kerry,

That's something your weddingplanner should arrange.

Music is possible in the town hall although I personaly suggest to do the recorded music. We have a very nice portable Bose sound dock with I-pod which we use a lot for that.

Regards,
    Robert
    Robert Arenz weddingplanner and professional photographer
    http://www.photographyaruba.com http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com

HI Robert

Thanks for that - i think i have spoken to you on email before regarding photography...??

Sorry ...just wondered...Why are photographers involved with the music???

When I asked my wedding co-ordinator she said no music was available so i asked the question again regarding a violinist - no reply yet.

I would be happy with a recording...and can easily bring my own IPOD with music of my choice if it is permitted.... i just wasnt sure if it was acceptable?

Kerry

Hello Kerry,

Correct, we had contact concerning photography.

We are weddingplanners as well so that's why we know.

As far as I know RIU will outsource their civil weddings, so that might be the reason they don't know.

But again music in the town hall is absolutely possible. The reason I will not reccommend live music is that normaly you need to hire them for at least a hour while they can only play for 10 minutes at the most there.

Regards,
    Robert
    Robert Arenz weddingplanner and professional photographer
    http://www.photographyaruba.com http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Be very patient. The planner will get back to your emails. Our son was married there last June. Everything will work out just fine.

Hiya Kerry,

I've only just found your other posts and they have answered my questions as well. We don't yet have a time for our wedding and I was assuming that we went to the town hall and then back to the hotel for the blessing.

I'm also wearing my dress to the town hall and wedding....but looks like there will be a long gap inbetween. I was hoping to get it all done at once. (Not having big do - think we are going on our own) Also I wanted my own tunes.....I've got three that I would like on my ipod that I can tranfer to a CD.

I know that it sounds awful but Its reassuring that there are other people in the same situation as I felt a bit of a div when I put my first post on here about my wedding but it's a lot of money to pay out and not know exactly what is happening. So glad that other people are asking the same questions.

I'm sure it will all go smoothly but I'm a bit of a worrier and like things planned in advance!

Leigh

Thanks all for your help. I will contact my planner again and hopefully arrange to use my ipod. Do we need to organise this in advance or just on the day??

Its much harder to organise a wedding abroad and am trying to be patient with my planner. I wouldnt feel so bad if they just acknowledged the email and got back to me later, but its frustrating when they dont respond at all.

Leigh - thanks for your post- what month are you getting married? And at what hotel? It is a big gap in between the townhall and beach blessing we have organised to get photos taken at the old lighthouse afterwards to fill some time. Im also going to get some canapes arranged for my guests in between as its unlikely we will go for lunch in our wedding attire!

Kerry

Sorry leigh, just noticed your other post on legal docs - forgot you were the one getting married same the month me

re: Wedding at the Riu July 2011
    sometimes/often there are delays in responses and communications with resort wedding planners.

i encourage you to contact the RIU in a few days if you do not hear back by then from their wedding package coordinator.

many folks have found that when dealing with events in aruba, is that timeliness is not a huge concern. what i might consider incredibly slow is what an aruba wedding planner might consider fast.

sit tight and wait a few days and then make the call and or email.

take lots of time and browse thru this wedding category.
    lots and lots of reading.
    make a cup of tea, put your feet up.
    ...............and read
    happy planning

Wedding Planner Issue
    when we planned our wedding, we had TONS and TONS of questions too but like others have said, you'll have to be a little patient with the way the work over there. truth be told, they do everything just about last minute. we didn't even have our flowers set until 2 weeks before our wedding. i was a little frustrated with that but that's how it is down there.

hope things work out for you and feel free to ask questions

The most important part of planning your wedding in Aruba will be the paper work that is needed.(Official Documents) Hopefully your wedding planner will inform you of everything needed asap. If you are having a Civil Ceremony, you will need many government documents.
    Best of Luck

When I was planning our wedding, I thought that same thing about the response time with our planner. In the end, we were both very happy. We have been so busy getting back into work and have the big party for 150 people here in two weeks that I have not had a a chance to get postings completed but will soon. Reach out to her again and let her know your concerns....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast