Aruba Beach

Thread: Translated Document Update

Translated Document Update

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember my woes of trying to get my translated marriage documents so I could get everything changed over to my married name. We were married 3-17-08 at City Hall, but "a couple of weeks" wait for the translated version turned into nearly 4 months! I have nothing bad to say about Betto, I really think we were just lost in the shuffle...but I also know we are not the only ones experiencing such a long wait. Several people on this forum generously offered to inquire on our behalf. Our wonderful wedding photographer, Bryan Morris, made a couple of trips to City Hall and was told that my messages had been received and the documents were on their way...but they never showed up.

Finally, wedding planner Karen Lutzker from Cayena Weddings stepped in after reading my posts here, and assisted in eventually getting the documents into my hands! I must stress that I didn't use a wedding planner at all, and Karen did this on her own as she sensed my frustration, as well as frustration from other brides kept waiting. Edwina from E2 Events in Aruba did a lot of running on my behalf to get the documents to Karen on her most recent trip to the island.

I'm pleased to report that, thanks to these two lovely ladies, I have my translated certificate, and I have changed over my Driver's License, Social Security Card, and checking account already! There was no problem with any of these offices accepting the translated version of the marriage license.

I didn't use a wedding coordinator because I felt that our ceremony was simple enough (just the two of us) that all I needed was some flowers, a photographer and someone to perform the ceremony. I could have saved myself 4 months of waiting if I had secured the services of someone like Karen in the first place, as part of their job is to make sure all these details are taken care of. Just a word of advice to future brides!

Thank you, Karen, Edwina and Bryan for going above and beyond! You are what makes Aruba and this forum worth coming back to! I would HIGHLY recommend these folks for any of you looking to tie the knot in paradise.

Now I am truly Mrs. Milner!!

Lori
    Lori and Scott.......JUST MARRIED IN ARUBA!
    March 17, 2008

Congrats Mrs. Milner!

I scheduled some pictures with Bryan Morris while we are there next month! I can't wait!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Jackie, you will not be disappointed! Bryan does beautiful, creative work and you will be so glad you captured those memories. Have fun!!
    Lori
    Lori and Scott.......JUST MARRIED IN ARUBA!
    March 17, 2008

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I'm so glad that everything worked out Mrs. Milner (sounds nice).

I'm so glad it all worked out well after all. I'm always glad to help.

Bryan Morris