Aruba Beach

Thread: transporting dress

transporting dress

I will be leaving this Sunday, Feb 24 for Aruba. We are getting married on the 26th. For any brides who have already gone through this....what type of bag did you transport your wedding dress in as your carry-on? The dress bag your retailer gave you or and actual garment bag that looks like a piece of luggage? Although my dress isn't huge with a train, it does have some---only a little---"bulk" at the bottom. I called our airline, but I'm not sure she knew what i meant. Also, does "steaming" your dress in the bathroom with the hot water running actually work to press the dress??? Thanks for any suggestions

Hey. I'm leaving on the 24th too with my wedding dress and I'm flying on American Airlines and I'm bringing my dress in the garmet bag as my carry on. You can leave it in the closet if they have one or they usually will let you hang it on a hanger in first class If I have to I'm laying across my lap but I doubt I'll have to do that. Good luck maybe we'll cross paths in Aruba. I'm getting married on the 29th at the divi phoenix.

I got married on Feb.15th at the Divi and had no problem carrying my wedding dress on the plane.
    On the first flight we took, there was no first class, so I just put it in the overhead bins and had no problems.
    And on the 2nd flight they were glad to hang it.
    It turned out perfect. No wrinkles and I didn't have to press it.

Good Luck with your weddings!

Thanks so much. I'm flying US Airway on the 24th...we at staying at the La Cabana but having our ceremony at the Divi Phoenix on Tuesday.....maybe we will cross paths.....have a great time!!!! And thanks again.

The beach most definitly and all the great restaurants
    My only issue was laying my dress own on the conveyor to go throug hthe xray machine... I cringed... but it was ok.
    I called ahead then checked in at the desk when we arrived at the gate..
    Be prepared to get the royal treatment when you get on the plane... the flight attendants hung my dress in a closet and were so sweet to me when we boarded and got off... Just remember if you have a lay over to grab it out of the closet...when I called the airline the woman told me that they have had many incidents where Brides are so worried about everything that they in fact do forget their dress and it's not fun trying to locate the dress. Remember to label the garmet bag inside and out just to be safe . I put my name, destination and hotel on a index card and clear taped it to the bag. \Good luck anenjoy.. Aruba is a wonderful place to get married!

Hey..

I am carrying mine on in the garment bag and they have said that they will hang it in the cabin for me which is quite sweet!

I think we have been getting extra attention as our tour operator have been useless!!

Em xx

I don't have a garment bag...one that folds in half...I only have a white bag that my dress is...Do I need to buy a garment bag that folds in half or will I be okay to either hang in or lay it in the overhead bins if its just in a bag where the just hangs the whole length if that makes sense.

I carried my wedding dress in the white bag that it came in. I had no problems getting flight attendants to hang the dress for me. In fact, they seemed glad to help. When you walk onto a plane bound for Aruba with a white garment bag, chances are it's a wedding dress and people are happy to assist.
    Lori and Scott.......JUST MARRIED IN ARUBA!
    March 17, 2008