Aruba Beach

Thread: transporting wedding dress

transporting wedding dress

Hi everyone,
    has anyone flown Jet Blue and carried their wedding dress on? I just read on their website that they don't have any closets on their planes to hang wedding attire and suggest mailing your clothes. ugh! any suggestions would be appreciated!
    thanks!

I would think that it would most likely be best to but it in a case and have it checked. Than have it pressed when you get to the island. They are right, no place to hang things on Jet Blue. . . I looked into shipping a box from Boston to Aruba ( 12" x 12" x 8" ) and it was over $250.00 on Fed Ex and UPS. . . . Not sure about a US Mail ship. . . .

Tom and Pam

transporting dress
    Quote Originally Posted by tiff0711 View Post
    I got married on Feb.15th at the Divi and had no problem carrying my wedding dress on the plane.
    On the first flight we took, there was no first class, so I just put it in the overhead bins and had no problems.
    And on the 2nd flight they were glad to hang it.
    It turned out perfect. No wrinkles and I didn't have to press it.

Good Luck with your weddings!

Well lately planes to Aruba have not been booked all the way. I know this because I have looked into flying standby over and over again and the flights all have had open seats. So if there is an open seat there is a possibility of putting the dress in one. Also most of the time the plane has a designated seat for a pilot that they leave open. If the seat is open there is a chance that a flight attendant might put the dress there.

Well I guess it all depends on your dress

We just got married at the Occidental Grand in Aruba. We took ALL our wedding attire in a carry on - guys wore silk shirts and shorts, the girls wore a chiffon birdesmaid dress and I wore a Destination wedding dress. but everything fit in our garment bag and the airline had no issue with us carrying it on. and I just put it in the overhead bin, we had 22 people with us so eveyone was aware which bin our bag was in and no one put anything on top of it. My dress travelled NO PROBLEM no wrinkles or anything.

thanks for all of your replies! I think I will try to carry it on and put in the overhead bin.