Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trash the Dress Shoot and Photos!

Christine, awesome pictures!! I'm getting married in Aruba this July and can't wait to do my session of "trash the dress".. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. -andrea-

Nice pics, congrats to both of you.

Thanks so much. The wedding was amazing of course, but it was a blur. We were really glad to have this shoot the following day to just focus on 'us' and having fun. =) Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I hope your planning is going well. You may have ups and downs but it will all be worth it. We are still on a high!
    Quote Originally Posted by A_J_Mitch View Post
    Christine, awesome pictures!! I'm getting married in Aruba this July and can't wait to do my session of "trash the dress".. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. -andrea-

These photos are AMAZING!!! I have always wanted to do this but since we're having a reception back home, I won't be able to. I have read about people doing it at their one year too so maybe we'll just have to go back in 2011 and do it then...

I'm so glad you had such an great wedding.. here's to many happy years together!

Aruba since 1979
    what about a "substitute dress"?
    could you pick up a used one at a consignment store that you would have no problems getting wet and dirty?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaLovers25 View Post
    These photos are AMAZING!!! I have always wanted to do this but since we're having a reception back home, I won't be able to. I have read about people doing it at their one year too so maybe we'll just have to go back in 2011 and do it then...

I'm so glad you had such an great wedding.. here's to many happy years together!

Thanks so much!

I agree with Andrea though -- if you have the time and budget for the shoot, you might want to consider a substitute dress. The Aruban backdrops are so stunning. You can do a shoot in the city, on the beach, at ruins and I've even seen really cool shots with cacti! Even a simple cotton sundress would be gorgeous and timeless in photos. Of course it would also be a fun way to celebrate your anniversary too - especially if you're going back to Aruba.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Before you all go and trash your dresses here is something to think of for the future...
    Having made a christening gown or first communion dress from your wedding gown for your child...Having done that I would not ever trash my dress...
    Just my opinion...don't take this the wrong way please....

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Before you all go and trash your dresses here is something to think of for the future...
    Having made a christening gown or first communion dress from your wedding gown for your child...Having done that I would not ever trash my dress...
    Just my opinion...don't take this the wrong way please....

That is a great idea! Andrea, your suggestion is also excellent. A cousin of DH, wore her mother's gown at her wedding with a bid of remodelling and it was beautiful and touching for all. That is certainly not for everyone but one never knows what the future holds....

That is from the mother of 3 sons, who kept her wedding gown! Oh well, may be a grand daughter.

The pictures were really beautiful, so enjoy them!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    That is a great idea! Andrea, your suggestion is also excellent. A cousin of DH, wore her mother's gown at her wedding with a bid of remodelling and it was beautiful and touching for all. That is certainly not for everyone but one never knows what the future holds....

That is from the mother of 3 sons, who kept her wedding gown! Oh well, may be a grand daughter.

The pictures were really beautiful, so enjoy them!
    Randi...when you have a grandchild I will take your dress and make something with it...fashion designer speaking here....

Smile

My husband and I did this for our 1st Anniversary, we renewed our vows on Arashi Beach, followed by Trash The Dress Photos at multiple locations along Aruba's North side and dinner. I wore a more "beach appropriate" gown (my wedding dress was to formal), my husband wore tan silk pants and an ivory silk shirt- it was AMAZING!

This WAS the link to the thread containing all the information, however, as of a few minutes ago, it seems to be non-existent... SO I have posted a direct link to some of the photos below:
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f13/bella-aruba-photography-magnificent-photos-33044/

Bella Aruba Photography:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Bellarubaphoto/DawnMarieJohn

Good Luck and Enjoy this happy and exciting time in your life!!!!!!
    Have a sunny day!

All the best,

John & Dawn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast