Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gaby

Thread: Traveling with wedding dress

Traveling with wedding dress

Has anyone traveled American Airlines with their wedding dress as a carry on? I have read that it was ok, but I just wanted to check with someone that has actually done it. Did they put it in the coat closet or did you have to put it up top?

Aruba since 1979
    many airline flight attendants will treat your dress royally and hang it in 1st class closet if space permits.

often though it is laid out in the overhead compartment.

make it known at boarding that you are heading to aruba for your wedding and chances are the very kind flight attendants will treat you like a queen. there has been at least one wedding couple on every flight to aruba we have been on for the last 8 or so years.

if your dress gets wrinkled in the overheard, your wedding planner can arrange for it to be steamed.

we have flown mostly with AA over the years with only a couple of UAAIR and AIRTRAN every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by labailey View Post
    Has anyone traveled American Airlines with their wedding dress as a carry on? I have read that it was ok, but I just wanted to check with someone that has actually done it. Did they put it in the coat closet or did you have to put it up top?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-27-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Hello labailey, I did travel American with my dress as a carryon. However, I had it in a "Wally" garment bag for wedding dress, which folded nicely. But, I unfolded it and they let me hang it in the first class closet. However, the closet is only about 4 feet in height. Hope this helps.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I am sure your wedding planner has someone they use to steam your dress. I know the Radisson does.

We traveled first class to Aruba and the flight attendants hung our wedding garments in FC closet. It was nice not to worry about them being wrinkled when we arrived.