Aruba Beach

Thread: Vendor Review--Wedding March 14, 2010

Vendor Review--Wedding March 14, 2010

I just returned from Aruba, where I was married on March 14, 2010. I have never posted on this board, but found it extremely helpful when looking for references for vendors. I just wanted to share some of my experiences, in the event that it is helpful for other brides.

We did most of our planning on our own, with the help of our contacts at the restaurant we had our wedding at and the hotel our guests stayed at, however, hired Lissy Lampe to be our day off coordinator. She helped ensure that the whole wedding ran smoothly and was our main liaison with our vendors for the few days leading up to our wedding. She also found me a stylist for my hair, Marietta Whoops. Marietta was AMAZING. She was quick, professional, and most importantly, able to recreate the style I brought a picture of flawlessly. She even adjusted it to be more withstanding to the Aruba winds.

Although we got married at a restaurant away from Palm Beach, we reserved a room block for our guests at the Radisson. Lisa Dammerman, our contact there, was extremely helpful. She helped us reserve transportation for our guests to and from the wedding, as well as coordinating our brunch for the morning after the wedding. Our room rate was very competitive. Additionally, both sets of parents were upgraded, and the room we were upgraded to an amazing suite.

We didn’t have a traditional welcome party. Instead, we hosted a welcome reception aboard a catamaran via Red Sail Sports. We chose the Caribbean menu, catered by the Hyatt—the food was delicious. We had just over 50 guests, and everyone had a really great time. Sunset was beautiful and the sail was truly a unique experience. Our contact was Michele and Red Sail Sports, and he was very friendly and responsive.

For our reception, we chose to have it at The Old Man and the Sea. We had eaten there on a previous trip to Aruba and were just blown away by the atmosphere. The owner, Osyth, and her son Jonathan, were so helpful (especially Jonathan—he recommended our photographer and gave us a ton of tips). The food was AMAZING and they were very accommodating to our dietary restrictions (we had a kosher-style wedding). For photography, we used Paul Van Driel, who we cannot say enough nice things about. Our pictures are great! The day before our wedding, he even took us around the island to take photos in different environments. He was kind and professional. We had our photographs before we left the island in a nice album, with the files on CD. George Jacobs was our videographer. He was also great—we got our video a few days after our wedding, and were able to leave the island with it! DJ Tino handled the music for our ceremony and reception. He was great, and really kept the guests dancing!

If you have any questions about our experiences with vendors or want any more information, feel free to contact me. My e-mail is my user name @ gmail.

Congratulations on your recent marriage. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure other brides will find your review very helpful.

Congrats and thanks so much for the review! I will be having Paul Van Driel as my photographer for my wedding in October. Would you mind sharing some of the photos he took?

Thanks!

Congratulations on your wedding and THANK YOU for your tips. I am getting married in Aruba on March 26, 2011 and these we so helpful!!

Would you be able to possible email me with contacts for your vendors? I would be very appreciative!!

Thank you!
    Amber

E-mail me which vendors specifically you'd like contact information for, and I'd be happy to send to you.

Hi and thank you for your post. I too will be using George Jacobs and DJ Tino as that is who the Renaissance works with and recommends. Would you happen to have any clips from your wedding that you wouldn't mind sharing? Or any tips or advise as to these two vendors?

Thank you!