Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Videographer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14

    Videographer

    I am getting married in September and was wondering if everyone had a photographer and a videographer, or just one of them. I am not having a reception while I am there, but was wondering if it was worth it to pay for a videographer for such a short time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Karen Lutzker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The beaches and the sea
    Posts
    474

    Videographer

    Dinetta,

    Having a videographer is great if having one is within your wedding budget. You do not mention if you will be just having a civil ceremony or civil ceremony and beach ceremony. If you can fit a videographer into your budget, you might want to just have him for 1 hour at the beach to cover your ceremony and coverage a few minutes before and after ceremony following your photographer getting in a beautiful sunset. Photos are lovely, but hearing your voices and emotions while watching with your families and friends or in years to come is priceless. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding
    http://www.cayenaweddings.com
    Aruba's First Destination Wedding Planner
    Specialists in Wedding Coordination and Vow Renewals

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    63
    Hi Dinetta,

    I just got married in Aruba about 2 weeks ago and when we first started planning I didn't think that I wanted a videographer b/c I was sure if it was worth it. Well we ended up hiring George Jacobs, who was wonderful and reasonably priced, and it was the best thing we ever did. We must have watched our video 20 times since getting home, and it was great to show relatives who weren't able to make it to our ceremony. I would definately recommend getting a videographer and a photographer, b/c those are two things you will have to remember your wedding day forever.

    Kris

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up Videographer

    Hi! Dinetta,
    I just returned from Aruba not too long ago. I had a ceremony to renew my vows. I had the best photographer, Victor Winklaar. He is a local and did a fantastic job with our pictures, he gave us a slideshow with music and a CD with pictures. We were running late and he was early but he was very patient. Assuring us he will be around till the end and even offering to bring us back to the hotel we were putting up at. The ceremony took place in a different location. When he had to deliver the CD and pix we were no where to be found; after nearly an hour of waiting; he left. When we managed to get hold of him, he returned to our hotel immediately to meet up with us again. Once again I was being very apologetic but he was all smiles. His patience and pleasant demeanor really helped us relax and enjoy our day. I have heard alot of positive comments about Victor and am glad that I chose him out of a few that was recommended, I will assure you, NO REGRETS! You may wish to visit his website www.winklaar.com

    A videographer that I heard about is Richard Jacobs. Maybe Victor might have his contact details.

  5. #5
    Senior Member photosbyjulia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Every beach is my favorite place to be.
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by dinetta View Post
    I am getting married in September and was wondering if everyone had a photographer and a videographer, or just one of them. I am not having a reception while I am there, but was wondering if it was worth it to pay for a videographer for such a short time.
    George Jacobs is a super videographer. He has small a small microphone that captures your wedding vows as you say them. Priceless. I love working with him as we move around the ceremony together instead of opposite (which ruins your video and photography, as the photographer will be in your video and the videographer will be in your photo album)

    If you decide on both, make sure the Videographer and Photographer are compatable.

  6. #6
    Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    beaches
    Posts
    194
    julia is right you should check that out i think he can sent you a sample
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

  7. #7
    Member me and ei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    . One Happy Island.
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKK View Post
    Hi! Dinetta,
    I just returned from Aruba not too long ago. I had a ceremony to renew my vows. I had the best photographer, Victor Winklaar. He is a local and did a fantastic job with our pictures, he gave us a slideshow with music and a CD with pictures. We were running late and he was early but he was very patient. Assuring us he will be around till the end and even offering to bring us back to the hotel we were putting up at. The ceremony took place in a different location. When he had to deliver the CD and pix we were no where to be found; after nearly an hour of waiting; he left. When we managed to get hold of him, he returned to our hotel immediately to meet up with us again. Once again I was being very apologetic but he was all smiles. His patience and pleasant demeanor really helped us relax and enjoy our day. I have heard alot of positive comments about Victor and am glad that I chose him out of a few that was recommended, I will assure you, NO REGRETS! You may wish to visit his website www.winklaar.com

    A videographer that I heard about is Richard Jacobs. Maybe Victor might have his contact details.
    Wow!! this sounds like me, we had our 25th renews of Vows and Victor winklaar was our photographer He did a great job very professional. He may be able to help you. Hay Lakk that part with the hotel and your nowhere to be found, that happen to me too.. lol, that was terrible He had to make a 2nd trip back on a sat. cause we were leaving Sun morning. He was making sure he delivered his product. just like he promised
    Me & Ei

    Next Aruba trip in

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    George Jacobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin113 View Post
    Hi Dinetta,

    I just got married in Aruba about 2 weeks ago and when we first started planning I didn't think that I wanted a videographer b/c I was sure if it was worth it. Well we ended up hiring George Jacobs, who was wonderful and reasonably priced, and it was the best thing we ever did. We must have watched our video 20 times since getting home, and it was great to show relatives who weren't able to make it to our ceremony. I would definately recommend getting a videographer and a photographer, b/c those are two things you will have to remember your wedding day forever.

    Kris

    Hi, I am getting married in Aruba July 7, 2010 at the Occidental Grand. I just looked at one of George Jacobs samples and the camera seemed a bit shaky, is your video like that?

    Katie

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO