Aruba Beach

Thread: Visiting to choose a wedding resort?!

Eagle Beach, Passions, Under a palapa, Mangos.

Visiting to choose a wedding resort?!

Hey everyone! I just joined these forums, but have been reading them for a while! I've been to Aruba once before and am planning to marry there next year, how exciting! Well, my fiance and I have been researching and have spoken with Lissy Lampe as well as the coordinator at the Bucuti. We have narrowed down our choices to 3 (we think!), and I'm wondering if anyone who has been in this situation feels its necessary to travel to Aruba to make a final decision regarding place. What is everyones input?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Andrea

We went to the Westin for our site visit and it was great! I don't think you necessarily have to visit the places, just do research and ask brides that got married at the places you are considering! Anywhere you chose will be great regardless! Here's my site so you can check it out!
    http://allaboutjingnjeff.weebly.com/

Christine (a member on this forum) did a couple of site visits and got married @ the Marriot. And shes really helpful! Here's her site: http://www.ourarubawedding.com/

Hope this helps!

Eagle Beach, Passions, Under a palapa, Mangos.
    Jingle,

Thanks so much for the information. I visited your site and everything looks fantastic, as does the Westin!

Andrea

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Wedding

Our son is getting married at the Amsterdam in June. They researched it very well through there wedding planner.
    Good Luck in your research.

Hi Andrea --

If you are in a position where you could go down for a site visit, I would go for it. What better excuse for a trip to Aruba, right? Seriously though, our site visit made a difference for us. Our final choice was not one we would have chosen had we not visited in person. That said, I'm sure our wedding still would have been amazing if we had gone with our number 2 choice, (the one we would have chosen before the site visit).

Still, if you can't swing a visit, I wouldn't worry about it. Meeting some of the people we would be working with gave me more confidence during planning, however it turned out I didn't need to worry nearly as much as I did. The more laid back you are, the less you need the site visit.

Christene

kit
    HI!
    I am in the same boat except I just went to do a site visit. I did not go to the Westin---I was informed it was the windiest part of the strip because of its location (it is one of the first hotels). Out of all the resorts, the Hyatt is the most asthetically pleasing to the eye, georgous properties, and they do offer all inclusive, however, much more expensive than the Marriott. I stayed at the Marriottt and in the end that is my choice. It is very nice, the food was absolutely fabulous (and I live in NY where we have yhe best food), and it was a more fun environment then the Hyatt. Also, you can always negotiate rates. I hope this helps.