Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vow Renewal????

Question Catholic Vow Renewal on the beach?

My family will be in Aruba in August for our 40th wedding anniversary celebration. We are planning to renew our vows on the beach.

I've read the posts on vow renewals and I gather that there are various officiants that one can contact. However, as Catholics, we would like to have either a Priest or a Deacon perform the ceremony. Can anyone offer any suggestions about who to contact? Has anyone had a Catholic officiant perform their ceremony?

Thank you for your help.
    LynneG

Aruba since 1979
    you should start with Saint ann's (st ana) church in noord and ask if the priests perform vow renewal and if so, on the beach.
    i suspect the beach part may be a no go for an aruba catholic priest, not because it is disallowed, but because it is non traditional.

also too contact casa del mar timeshare resort.
    they have a priest every sunday late afternoon for mass.
    been to mass there a number of times and the priest was pretty nice and very friendly.
    quite possibly they could put you in touch.

click the highlighted link below for list of churches
    http://www.aruba.com/ExploreAruba/Culture/religion.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by LynneG View Post
    My family will be in Aruba in August for our 40th wedding anniversary celebration. We are planning to renew our vows on the beach.

I've read the posts on vow renewals and I gather that there are various officiants that one can contact. However, as Catholics, we would like to have either a Priest or a Deacon perform the ceremony. Can anyone offer any suggestions about who to contact? Has anyone had a Catholic officiant perform their ceremony?

Thank you for your help.
    LynneG
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-24-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12