Aruba Beach

Thread: Waitstaff for hire?

Waitstaff for hire?

Does anyone know where I can hire some waitstaff and a bartender apart from a full caterer? We are having our reception for about 40 people at the Villa we are renting, and my fiance, who is a chef, insists on doing the food himself. (Yes, I know, he's insane....). At any rate, I want to hire some experienced food service folks/banquet waitstaff and a bartender for a few hours to at least HELP with set up, cocktail hour, dinner, and clean-up. The only caterer I contacted to ask didn't seem interested in renting out his staff if he wasn't doing the food...can't say I blame him. But does anyone have any ideas?

Aruba since 1979
    i would check with some of the wedding planners.
    they may know independent wait staff people.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Contact Mike at Bingo's Restaurant. He has a catering business. http://www.bingoaruba.com/bingo_about.html

Thank you both....my wedding planner is working on it, but doesn't seem to know exactly where to go. And Liz, Mike is the Caterer that i was referring to that I already asked. lol Thanks anyway!!

Give me a few days to get back to you with a response on this.

Bryan Morris

Quote Originally Posted by MrandMrsSmith View Post
    Thank you both....my wedding planner is working on it, but doesn't seem to know exactly where to go. And Liz, Mike is the Caterer that i was referring to that I already asked. lol Thanks anyway!!
    The owner of the new take-out restaurant was the chef of Yemanja Restaurant. Maybe he can help you out. http://thekitchenaruba.com/ If you want to contact him, email me as I have his personal email.

Bryan, thank you, and I will wait to hear back from you. Liz, might also take your suggestion...thank you! Will send you PM also.

Liz, your contact did answer my email, but wasn't able to help either. He referred me to another caterer, who did not answer my email. BUT, in the meantime, my wedding planner had reached out to an old colleague of hers from her days at one of the hotels, and he told her he can help us out with some folks that he knows will be interested. So I'm good...Bryan, thank you also, but I think we are all set!

I'm so glad that that your wedding planner could help you out. Keep us posted on your wedding.

You have a PM in your inbox.

Bryan Morris