Aruba Beach

Thread: Wedding Contract

Wedding Contract

Hello all! We have been planning our September 2012 wedding for several months now and this forum has been an invaluable tool for the process. So firstly, thank you to all for the forum and the posts as they have helped us immensely!

After communicating with a few wedding planners, we decided on one that has a great reputation and gets great reviews in this forum. The email responses have been very prompt and we were able to work out most of the details early on. I sent all the required paperwork, including the signed contract and down payment in October 2011 and requested a return copy with their signature at that time. I did not receive the signed copy back and have since requested it three times. Each time I have been told that they will get it to me in short order and have been assured that our date is secure. I donít want to keep pestering them for it, but not having it is giving me an uneasy feeling.

I would like to hear opinions/advise from any of you on this. For those who are in or have been through the process, have/did you received a signed contract from your planner? Should I just attribute this to the easy going Aruban culture and ignore it? Is this formality really just a nit that I am worrying about for nothing-should I just go forward with their reassurance and move on or insist on getting it? Or is it something that I should be concerned about when the wedding is closer (say three months away or something like that)?

I appreciate any thoughts you may have!

I'm really OCD when planning trips, so I would say to keep asking for your signed copy. I like to have all my paperwork, reservations, activities, etc. sorted in a folder before we leave, so I will be organized once we arrive on vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    Wedding Planner Issue
    here is a thread from last year.

in my opinion it is inexcusable for such delays.
    the wedding planners need to keep their clients in the loop.
    in no way am i suggesting micromanaging, but am suggesting that the
    wedding planners understand and follow thru and keep their clients more in formed.

write and call your planner again and state your concerns.

i understand.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR2011 View Post
    Hello all! We have been planning our September 2012 wedding for several months now and this forum has been an invaluable tool for the process. So firstly, thank you to all for the forum and the posts as they have helped us immensely!

After communicating with a few wedding planners, we decided on one that has a great reputation and gets great reviews in this forum. The email responses have been very prompt and we were able to work out most of the details early on. I sent all the required paperwork, including the signed contract and down payment in October 2011 and requested a return copy with their signature at that time. I did not receive the signed copy back and have since requested it three times. Each time I have been told that they will get it to me in short order and have been assured that our date is secure. I donít want to keep pestering them for it, but not having it is giving me an uneasy feeling.

I would like to hear opinions/advise from any of you on this. For those who are in or have been through the process, have/did you received a signed contract from your planner? Should I just attribute this to the easy going Aruban culture and ignore it? Is this formality really just a nit that I am worrying about for nothing-should I just go forward with their reassurance and move on or insist on getting it? Or is it something that I should be concerned about when the wedding is closer (say three months away or something like that)?

I appreciate any thoughts you may have!