Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wedding Cost Question

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Wedding Cost Question

I've been checking out places for my stepdaughter. The Bucati looks gorgeous. Does anyone know when they show the packages, that doesn't include the cost of food, right? To the brides who have done this, what's the average price per person for food? I know it depends on the place but just to get an idea....

we live in nj so the average price per person is usually like $125 per person. But that includes the place. I am just trying to see the ballpark we're in for this.

thanks again. I told my stepdaughter to join this forum because the information she can gather is priceless.....

Aruba since 1979
    hey gaby

you need to contact those places that she is interested in and ask those particular questions?

total cost per person

what does that per person cost include, dinner...sit down or buffet, flowers is the cake, photographer, DJ or band included in this price?

my son was married almost 2 yrs ago in maine. my husband and i for the most part covered the event. the wedding cake was from a specialty bakery, the flowers were separate, the photography separate , but when it came down to the bottom line, and we had it all done out on a spreadsheet, it was a per person figure.

the function facility did offer "plans" that covered soup to nuts...flash to flowers...and music, but we chose not to use their "package plans".
    i was the wedding planner.

is it time for you to enlist the help of a wedding planner?

there are many on aruba that can guide you thru this.

has your step daughter been to aruba? hope she joins the forum AND identifies herself as gaby's step daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I've been checking out places for my stepdaughter. The Bucati looks gorgeous. Does anyone know when they show the packages, that doesn't include the cost of food, right? To the brides who have done this, what's the average price per person for food? I know it depends on the place but just to get an idea....

we live in nj so the average price per person is usually like $125 per person. But that includes the place. I am just trying to see the ballpark we're in for this.

thanks again. I told my stepdaughter to join this forum because the information she can gather is priceless.....

I cannot think of any resorts which bundle wedding packages with food/receptions. Most inclusions are similar to the Bucuti's.

http://www.bucuti.com/sites/default/...20Brochure.pdf

ALL WEDDING PACKAGES INCLUDE

• Decorated wedding area on the beach in a contemporary style
    • Service of a non-denominational Officiant
    • Commemorative wedding certificate
    • Champagne toast
    • Service Charge and Taxes
    • Unlimited consultation with wedding coordinator

Marriott's Smallest Package
    http://www.weddings.arubamarriott.co...re20092010.pdf

Ginger Lily Ceremony

• Officiant including keepsake wedding certificate
    • Fresh Flower Arraignment for signage table
    • Bridal Bouquet & Boutonniere
    • Professional photographer- 36 photos in mini album & CD
    • One tier wedding cake topped with fresh flowers
    • Bottle of champagne serves 5 guests
    • Services of the onsite wedding coordinator

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks, i realize we need to narrow it down. i think what i'll do when i go in december is visit some of these places and see what i can find out. the marriott looks nice. i think i like the hyatt myself but its her wedding. i loved the bucuti but you have to stay there. they were able to let you build your wedding estimate so i got an idea from them. but like i said, you have to stay there and they want to stay in the highrise area. thank goodness she wants to get married like a year & a half from now so it probably wouldn't be until the end of next year. i can visit these places and see what i like, what i don't like, what i haven't thought of. then i can scan the forum for reviews, lol......

unless i'm misunderstanding what I'm reading, not from here but from the different hotel websites, it seems that unless you stay there, you can't get married there. i know here in the states you can book a hotel for a wedding without staying there. is that not true in aruba? i mean if you like a hotel to get married in but don't want to pay their room prices or don't want to actually stay there, it seems to mean you can't get married there. what do people who live in aruba do if they want to get married? do they have to stay in a hotel if they live there, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    what do people who live in aruba do if they want to get married? do they have to stay in a hotel if they live there, lol....

Everyone has to be legally married in either a church or the civil ceremony. Any resort weddings on the beach are "blessing ceremonies". It is difficult, but not impossible for tourists to marry in a church, but most commonly tourists go with the civil wedding and then blessing on the beach. Arubans like here in the states, go with civil or religious ceremonies.

Beaches in Aruba are public. You can pretty much get married where ever you like. The popularity and draw of Renaissance island is that it IS private. BUT that you will HAVE to pay for.

Some opt to marry at Renaissance Island then switch to say the Bucuti after the ceremony for "honeymoon". I am sure if you search the forum for "wedding renaissance" you will find details for someone who has gone this route.

Like Andrea suggested, a wedding planner can guide you through all of the ins and outs of the details that you are seeking. You would need only a wedding planner to set up a beach ceremony and of course, the arrangements of the civil ceremony. Some people choose to do all this leg work on their own- civil ceremony arrangements and paper work, beach decorations, beach officiant, flowers, hair, photographer, videographer, entertainment.... If you do not want that headache, a wedding planner is surely THE way to go.

thanks lisa but what i was saying is if she wanted to get married at the bucuti, she couldn't unless she stayed there. in other words, if she wanted to marry at say the hyatt, do they have to stay there? do they only do weddings for their guests or can say anyone get married, i should say get married and have a reception there if there not a guest of the hotel. the bucuti you can't unless you're a guest at the hotel. i was curious about other places there because if she wanted to get married at the hyatt here, she wouldn't need to stay there, she can just have her reception there. but at the bucuti, if you don't stay there, you can't have a reception there.

thank you, jason. my husband & I are coming in december and that's what I'm going to do,check these places out and talk to people. i hadn't thought of the westin, don't remember seeing it, lol. i want to check the renaissance, the marriott, the hyatt and the radisson. my husband & i would rent a townhouse because we would stay for a couple of weeks (no, we wouldn't bother the happy couple, lol). but for them and their guests, i don't want them to have to pay extravagantly for accommodations, especially her friends. family i'm not worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Margarita View Post
    Most of the hotels that have a private ballroom, like Marriott, Renaissance, Hyatt, Radisson, and Westin allow couples to use their establishment for weddings without having to stay at the hotel. You are right, the bucuti does not offer this service.
    __________________________________________________ __
    For all your Wedding Photography, Cinematography & Planning
    http://www.everafteraruba.com | http://www.jasonmargarita.com
    So to be clear on this, the couple being married and their guests would not have to stay at the resort IF they were having their wedding RECEPTION, including food and beverages/catering, at the resort?

what i told my stepdaughter to do after checking room rates is pick the time of year. the best time for hotel room rates is from mid-september to mid-december. the rates are half the price. then start from there. for instance, may-aug the rates for hotel rooms were ridiculous but after mid-september they drop tremendously. so i told her to forget those summer months because you have to be cognizant of what guests will have to pay for their hotel rooms. boy, i'm glad we rented a townhouse. its cheaper and you get 4 times the size of a place.

everyone is being so helpful here. its amazing how this forum rises to the occasion of helping, not hurting people looking for information. i really don't think there's another forum with this many helpful people all in one place, lol......

i can't say it enough, THANK YOU ALL!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast