Aruba Beach

Thread: Wedding in December=Crazy?; Rain Concern!

Wedding in December=Crazy?; Rain Concern!

My original wedding date was for the end of September because it supposedly is still in the dry season. I'm wanting to change my date to Dec. 12 which apparently is at the end of the rainy season. My question is how would this affect my wedding? In particular with regards to the photographer. Will I forfeit my photo time or will they do a rain check for later or the next day? What provisions are made in the event of rain generally? I'm probably only doing a civil ceremony in this case but am planning to hire a photographer to do scene shots around Aruba. Has anyone experienced being rained out during their wedding?

Aruba since 1979
    i have not experienced any rain outs re: weddings, but have been in aruba the past 2 decembers. (the 2 weeks prior to christmas) and there has been more rain in those periods of time than we have ever experienced.

typical december weather is sunny with an occasional shower and some showers late night or at dawn. dec 2011 and 2010 had more rain than that and we had a few days on each trip that had rain throughout the day.

[[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by Day79 View Post
    My original wedding date was for the end of September because it supposedly is still in the dry season. I'm wanting to change my date to Dec. 12 which apparently is at the end of the rainy season. My question is how would this affect my wedding? In particular with regards to the photographer. Will I forfeit my photo time or will they do a rain check for later or the next day? What provisions are made in the event of rain generally? I'm probably only doing a civil ceremony in this case but am planning to hire a photographer to do scene shots around Aruba. Has anyone experienced being rained out during their wedding?