Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: wedding documentation question

wedding documentation question

do i have to do anything with going to town hall or anything when i land to make our wedding official . were landing then getting married next day at renaissance private island

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

you will have already gotten married at home right ?
    the wedding at ren island is just the beach blessing ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchief43434 View Post
    do i have to do anything with going to town hall or anything when i land to make our wedding official . were landing then getting married next day at renaissance private island

Aruba since 1979
    from another thread
    http://www.aruba.com/SpecialVacation..._in_aruba.aspx

Civil Marriages

Civil marriages are now possible in Aruba, but they must take place at the Civil Town House.

CIVIL LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:

All Civil/Legal Ceremonies must take place in the Civil Town House
    Documents include:
    A) Copies of birth certificate for bride and groom with apostille (state certification).
    B) Passport picture page or valid state issued picture I.D. for Bride & Groom.
    C) Witness (18 years up) passport picture page or valid state issued picture I.D. (minimum 2 witnesses) Witnesses can be provided locally if bride and groom are traveling alone at $50 each by a weddingplanner.
    D) Certificate of no impediment for bride and groom (also referred to as a “single status report” and in some states called a “negative statement of marriage”). This certificate of no impediment is obtained at the bureau of vital statistics which is located in the department of health.
    E) If either party has been divorced we need to receive a copy of the 1st and last page of the divorce decree(s).
    F) If either party is a widow(er) we need to receive a copy of the pertaining death certificate.
    All documents are to be faxed for review and then submitted by courier (i.e. FedEx) at least one (1) month prior to desired wedding date. Please contact a wedding planner or your host hotel wedding coordinator.

Ceremony can take place in the late morning or early afternoon on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.

Saturdays are also available in the late mornings at an additional $150 surcharge.

9. Religious Ceremonies

With some advance planning and submission of documentation, religious ceremonies can also be conducted on-island. The following are the guidelines for the various ceremonies.

CATHOLIC:

(Must call first as this is on hold until review of procedures is complete):

Proof That the prospective bride and groom have attended pre-marriage preparation.
    Permission from their priest to get married in Aruba.
    An official declaration stating that neither party has been previously married in a Church is also required from their local priest.
    Copy of Wedding Certificate showing that they have been legally married in their home country.
    Baptismal and Confirmation certificates of both parties as well as copies of their passports or I.D. Cards.
    The proposed wedding must take place "inside" the Church building.
    All documents must be submitted 4 months prior to chosen wedding date.

PROTESTANT / EPISCOPALIAN / METHODIST:

Wedding Ceremony can be affiliated in the local Protestant / Episcopalian or Methodist Churches or anywhere else the couple desires.
    If Married outside Aruba, copy of marriage certificate from their home country.
    Proper attire is required for all "religious blessings"( ie: No Swimsuits nor Wraps for the Bride: Shorts are acceptable for the Groom.

JEWISH:

Both partners MUST bet Jewish and need to submit a verification of Judaism from the Rabbi of their hometown
    The Aruban Cantor accepts Jewish status certificates from valid Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Liberal and Re-Constructionist Authorities.
    A formal petition needs to be submitted to the Aruba Jewish Community.
    The wedding ceremony may take place either in the synagogue or any other venue of choice.
    The synagogue of Aruba is an independent Conservative-Reform style congregation.

AT SEA:

A boat captain is not authorized to officiate a wedding according to Dutch laws. This applies for international waters as well as in port. The only exception to this rule is if he has been given authority by the country under whose flag the ship is registered.
    _

no we didnt get married at home.

Aruba since 1979

Hi KC Chief. . .if you are from either Kansas or Missouri, IMO it is easier to get married at home. We did the civil wedding, but I got all messed up and it was quite an event. I don't come here often but I am missing my wedding planning of last year and thought I would live vicariously through the brides here, so I will probably come more often. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    We got married in Aruba 2 years ago. We had to have all sorts of documentation sent to Aruba a couple of months before we went. These included copies of our passports and those of our daughters, documentation from our birth state and residence states that we were indeed not married already, and copies of my wife's divorce decree. Also, we had to be in country for 48 hours prior to the legal ceremony at the civil hall. The beach ceremony came after that and the pictures. My wife was able to change her name on her social security card when we got back with the Aruban marriage license and driver's license and the rest came easy after that.

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    Forgot we had to send birth certificate copies as well. I think they may have to have been raised seal, but I forgot. They sent them back to us when they had reviewed if I remember correctly. The wife did all the work. I just paid for it.

Jason and Andrea are correct, you will not be married legally for a beach ceremony, you will need to talk to Juney who can arrange this if he is your planner or you can email Lissy Lampe of Ceremonies & Celebrations, Arletteor Edwina Werleman of E2 Events and Celebrations, these women take care of it all. Or just get married in your city by the justice of the peace which many do and just celebrate the beach blessing in Aruba. It is totally up to your wishes. The civil ceremony in Aruba is less than 10 minutes long and can be costly with lots of paperwork.
    By the way raised seal for the document...
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-29-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: per request of name removal
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

We are getting married in Aruba in sept must say all the documents are doing my head in lol
    I have my birth certificates decree absolutes have app with registry office on the 9th to get our no impediment, then I have to send all documents to foreign commonwealth office in London for them all to be legalised so stressed something is going to go missing , the office no longer do a counter service and the British post worries me I have had some ial delivery stuff go missing before "..... Can't wait to get all the paperwork over and chill on the beach xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast