Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wedding documents

Question Wedding documents

Hi, I am getting married at the Tamarijn hotel october 2011 has anyone from UK recently married in Aruba that can give me some information on required documents and what to do. I have have a wedding package in place through first choice but the information seems confusing. Do I get a no impediment certificate through my local registry office? My partner was born in London But has not lived there for 15 years where would he get his from? Hope someone can help me?

Welcome to the forum.

In that you are paying for a wedding package, are you working with a wedding planner at the resort? They should be able to assist you in answering all your questions, including necessary documentation.

Hi There,

I do have a contact email address but I assumed that the wedding planner was for arranging things in Aruba?

I will contact them and ask for some advice. Good thinking, thank you.

They will be familiar with the documents required for those from the UK. It may take them a few days to get back to you but they will

I also just remembered that Emily My Aruba Wedding - Divi 2008, Pictures! had her beautiful wedding at the Divi. The wedding planner was
    Aruba Weddings for You and she is from the UK. If you emailed her perhaps she could give you some info as well.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-13-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Thank you so much for your information This is the first time that I have used a forum.

This place is so useful and I have learnt so much. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. What would we do without you.

This is the first time that I have become excited about my wedding. I will see if I can contact Emily.

Leigh here is some additional info

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/arub...for%20you.html

Thumbs up

Thank you again for your time

Apostille

Hello Leigh,

Just for your information, the address where you can get the apostilles for your birth certificates is changed recently.

The new address is:

For UK citizens, apostilles could be obtained at The Legalisation Office, Norfolk House 437, Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes Mk9 2AH Telephone 01908 295111 Fax 01908 295122 Email: Legalisationoffice@fco.gov.uk

Regards,
    Robert

Robert Arenz weddingplanner and professional photographer
    http://www.photographyaruba.com http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com

We are getting married in Oct also - first choice / thomson and have a whole list of stuff to send.

I believe we have to get our marriage bands from the registry first and also a no impediment cert to marry from a solicitor. Those along with your birth certs / divorce if you have any - they should all be sent to the foreign office to be legalised, and then (not sure if copies yet or originals..) sent to Aruba.

We are doing this in July - as i think that is the earliest time we can get the marriage doc from the registrar..

Let me know if any of the above differs to what you have been told....as i may have picked it up wrong.... also - we are from scotland so the law may differ there....

Thanks
    kerry

Hiya Kerry,

Congratulations...

scary stuff for me as I'm a bit confused about the documents

Whats the wedding bands thing? I'm only aware of the no impediment thing? I though that was from the registry office? Perhaps it is and then has to be witnessed by a solicitor? I know that you can't obtain one until within three months of the wedding.

Then you have to send birth certificates, no impediments, passports to:

Legalisation Department
    Foreign and Commonwealth Office
    Norfolk House West
    437 Silbury Boulevard
    Milton Keynes
    MK9 2AH

They will cost approx 30 per item !!! (costs are mounting up..lol)

These are all originals??

I feel a drive to Milton Keynes coming on........

What hotel are you marrying at ??

Leigh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast