Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wedding documents

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your info

The wedding bands is like your reg cert for getting married here- the doc you get to sign on the day ( i think) - we spoke to our local registrar at a weddibg exhibition last year abd they gave us the forms to complete.

The no impedement to marry is separate i think which we need to get from our solicitor. Everything should be in your wedding pack but it is confusing! You will also need to send photocopies of your witness passports... Not sure how this works if you intend to go on your own??

Kerry

Hiya,

I have two forms in the wedding pack that say ARUBA FORM OF INTENT TO MARRY? And then it says that I have to get a certificate of no impediment from the registry office not the solicitors? This wedding pack I have is not very clear at all, but I know a solicitor comes into it somewhere!!

I think I will go back to travel agents for clarification although I think they weren't too sure as well?

I know that you can't do the no impediment form until 7 weeks before we leave?

We are having the basic 995 package which seems to include all that we need and paying for photography separately. I have looked online at a lot of photographers and liked croozephotography and luckily enough its one of the company's that our wedding planner uses.

Leigh

Ok leigh, l'll have another look at the pack- we got it in oct so its been a while. Sure it will be fine.

Funny you should mention crooze- thats who we have booked! Marc is really nice and very helpfull. We have booked him for the 13th - what date is your wedding?? He was the one that suggested the lighthouse for pics after the townhall.

Most of the photographers are good though - it was really hard to choose!

Still deciding on a videographer or not??

Kerry

hiya,

Good choice on the photographer Actually, I haven't booked him yet as our original wedding date was 16th May 2011 but we have had to amend this to 17th october 2011 (long story!) so we are still waiting for confirmation of this date, so as soon as I get it I will let the wedding planner know so that she can book him. I emailed him and he was really quick in getting back to me, he said to contact the wedding planner to arrange as at the time I didn't realise that the wedding planners use him anyway. (love the pic of the hands in the sand and the hands around the sunset).

We are intending 36 photos on beach, and then perhaps try to get a few of our own at town hall. I am thinking about the video as well. I'm hoping one of the relatives might like to buy it for us as a wedding present!

How many people do you have going?

Yes his photos are really nice!!

Have you been in aruba before!? We were there sept 2009 and loved it! I hope weather is ok in oct! There are only 12 of us. Having a reception back in scotland when we get back. Its quiet expensive for everyone especially those with children so didnt expect many people to go.

We are flying from gatwick on 3rd oct for 2 weeks. Cant wait for some sun! We were in cuba last april and it wasnt a patch on aruba!! X

We've never been to Aruba before so I am very excited. Weather should be ok in October as I think most of the rainfall is at night. I've been to Cuba (Varadero) before and enjoyed that so it sounds as though Aruba will be better.

We were hoping that the price might put people off as we did't mind it just being the two of us. My mother has now asked about going and my father and step-mother have shown an interest If they do go I would want them to go a week before us so that we have a week on our own after the wedding. I'm gonna have to have a chat with them.

Twelve is a nice number for you as they can keep themselves amused and you can have time on your own.

We haven't decided yet if we are going to have a do when we get back or not.

We go on 11th October and hopefully get the 17th for wedding date. You're going on 3rd Oct ? I thought they only flew on Tuesdays, which would make that the 4th ?

Badly in need of some sun

Ooops yes its the 4 th oct - flying from aberdeen to gatwick on the 3rd and staying over a night.

There is a nice little shopping centre up from palm beach that you can walk too. It has designer shops, restaurants and a dancing water show every night. We had dinner ar mr jazz on our last night there last time. I guess when ur all inclusive your reluctant to eat out but its nice as a one off.

I heard from someone else that theres a restaurant in a cave somewhere... If i could get the name... As we are looking to fo for dinner just the two of us the night before the wedding!

Can always meet up with you guys for a drink once you get there??x

Hiya, I've messaged you, I think! X

Hi, you dont need to involve a solicitor. You just need to send your birth certificates and certicates of no inpediment to Milton Keynes to get them legalised. We had a mix up with paperwork with Thomson and when we eventually received it we made sure we went through every page with them to clarify everything. They kept their wedding dept on hold till we were satisfied.

By the way we get married in the Riu July this year.

Ange x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast