Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Dress Nightmare

I'm so sorry you had issues with David's Bridal! You are not the first person that I heard alteration nightmares from about DB. I bought my dress there too so I might just take it to my normal tailor who I know does a great job.

I am happy you have a dress you love and I hope you are able to get your $800 back!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    make sure that you tell david's bridal that you are writing of your horrid experience all over the internet.

put in a dispute NOW on your credit card.
    the credit card customer service is open 24/7 please call now.

i am glad that you did find a suitable dress.
    but that does not help the POOR customer service you received at davids

And if you Tweet, tweet your complaint. You are not the 1st bride to complain about the service at Davids Bridal, nor about the problems with the finished product not being what you ordered.

Sorry you had such a horrible experience. Your wedding gown should make you feel and look like the princess you are!

Here's an update....I went to David's and sat at the desk at the front and asked for a mangager. I told them about how disappointed I was with their customer service and the fact the the seamstress sent me away telling me she would tweak the dress and then did not....she was unaware of this when I met with her last week and told her what I thought.

The bottom line is she credited my mothers cc the full amount of $735 and is also refunding me the $115 in alterations.

I took the CK dress to a seamstress this morning and she is making a few adjustsments and the dress should be ready for me on Tuesday.

I am sure another bride will love the Davids dress and be willing to wear a girdle......it just was not meant to be for me and it saved a lot of money.

Andrea......is that you dog? what a cutie.....
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    CONGRATS!!!
    thank goodness.

take it from a lifelong "fatty"...........at 180 lbs on my wedding day, i HAD to wear a girdle and it was miserable. but at least i had a wasitline that day.

i am so glad that david's pulled thru for you.

and the dog.........is my niece's dog BOOTS. while living in maine, Boots spent much time at our house. he is the most stupid, lump of living flesh that ever was put on the face of the earth. he is a doorstop with a pulse.
    now being in florida and 1600 miles from my niece and her family it makes me sad to not seem them and BOOTS every day. so i put up the avator of boots n me. he is a very good face washer.

Quote Originally Posted by cukiecutr View Post
    Here's an update....I went to David's and sat at the desk at the front and asked for a mangager. I told them about how disappointed I was with their customer service and the fact the the seamstress sent me away telling me she would tweak the dress and then did not....she was unaware of this when I met with her last week and told her what I thought.

The bottom line is she credited my mothers cc the full amount of $735 and is also refunding me the $115 in alterations.

I took the CK dress to a seamstress this morning and she is making a few adjustsments and the dress should be ready for me on Tuesday.

I am sure another bride will love the Davids dress and be willing to wear a girdle......it just was not meant to be for me and it saved a lot of money.

Andrea......is that you dog? what a cutie.....

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Oh Cathy I'm SO happy they are crediting the cc for the full amount AND the alterations! What a relief that has to be!
    I can't wait to see your pictures with you in the CK dress!

Cathy I am so happy for you. Now you can forget about that dress, Love your new one, and have a wonderful wedding and trip to Aruba. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Good Luck and God Bless
    Pat

Reminds me of when I ordered my dress at a reputable bridal shop. I fell between two sizes and the person helping me INSISTED that I order the larger size. Well, I had never even come close to that size in my life but felt that she must know what she's going so I went with it....even had to initial something on the order sheet that said I went with her recommendation.

Well I get the dress and it is HUGE on me. I spoke with the manager and said that I KNEW I would need alterations for my height (I'm short) but I wasn't about to pay for all of the alterations for the dress to take it in. They agreed with no fuss and only charged me for the height alterations.

And that is the way it SHOULD be done!

Glad to hear you got the mgr involved and they took care of the situation - which they should have done right away. But at least all is well now.

And your new dress...it was meant to be!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    SO SO SO happy for you ! Your guardian angel was watching over the situation !

Cathy-

I am so sorry to read about this experience! How horrible!! I'm so happy that it all worked out. You are going to be a beautiful bride in any dress that you wear. I believe that things happen for a reason.

I bought two dresses one for the civil ceremony and one for the beach ceremony. My cheap dress for the civil ceremony everyone actually loved more than my wedding dress. It doesn't matter what you wear, you'll still be getting married.

Just think everything else from now on will be wonderful.

Can't wait to hear all about your wedding (and see pictures).

Suzanne

Hi All.....I have been a bit crazy this week and have not been on but thanks for all the kind words. I have since heard about many DB bridal disasters since my own. WOW, I really do not know how they can be in business. I swear there must be a full moon....my luck sort of ran out for sure this week. I had a bag of old gold that I never wear in the center console that I was going to cash in.....it was about 40 grams worth. It was stolen. Tim and I figured out that it happened when I went to get my car inspected and ended up there for two hours while the went to another dealership to get a headlight. I never noticed it gone until I went this week to cash it in (I had missed a gold party at my sisters at the last minute and took it out). They did not take the gps, printer or spare wallet that I keep in the car because I would have noticed that right away. Oh well......I better not see that unique necklace walking around the streets of Easton anytime soon or I may just have to jump them. It's my own fault for leaving it there! I swear I will post some GREAT news soon.....
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast