Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Dress on the Plane

Wedding Dress on the Plane

I will be traveling with my wedding dress and would LOVE to hear your tips for safe wrinkle free travel! I'd like to try and avoid paying for a press on the island if possible.

Aruba since 1979
    quite often the flight attendants will take your dress and hang it in 1st class closet OR they will lay it out in overhead.

make yourself known as a bride and believe me, all and i mean all, even passengers will treat you royally.

Quote Originally Posted by christinew View Post
    I will be traveling with my wedding dress and would LOVE to hear your tips for safe wrinkle free travel! I'd like to try and avoid paying for a press on the island if possible.

Nothing wrong with being treated like a queen! Is the dress considered your one carry on piece of "luggage"?

Aruba since 1979
    yes as carryon.

Great...thanks for the info!

I just came back from our Aruba wedding and my dress was my carry on. We had a layover and on the 2nd plane ride, I had to put my dress in the over head bin. I think it might be hard to try to avoid getting it pressed, because even traveling with it wrinkles it. Our wedding coordinator (Patrick, The Westin Resort) set up a steaming appt for me for the big day!

Our flight had two segments - the first one was a small plane that took us to Atlanta. It had no closets so I had to fold my dress and put it in an overhead. The second segment to Aruba was a much bigger plane and they were kind enough to put it in a first class closet for me. However you have to remember that these closets are often like 4' tall, so even there it probably won't be 'wrinkle free'. Still, with all that, I was surprised at how little they did wrinkle. (I had both my gown and my reception dress in the same bag.) You can have someone come to your room to steam your dress for you. I don't remember it being very expensive. And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by jingle96 View Post
    I just came back from our Aruba wedding and my dress was my carry on. We had a layover and on the 2nd plane ride, I had to put my dress in the over head bin. I think it might be hard to try to avoid getting it pressed, because even traveling with it wrinkles it. Our wedding coordinator (Patrick, The Westin Resort) set up a steaming appt for me for the big day!
    I've been reading bride forums and have read some real nightmare stories. I guess I'm going to call the airline and see what information they have to offer. Did you carry on in a garment bag? Are there certain specifications for the bag? My wedding planner has offered the steam service, just trying to avoid if at all possible

Congrats on your nuptials! Our Aruba wedding is supposed to be our unstressful event, small with close family. The stressful event comes with our 150+ stateside reception a few weeks after we return!

If you're flying with it, expect it to get wrinkled. It's the people that expect everything to go perfectly that are always disappointed. Plan for the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    If you're flying with it, expect it to get wrinkled. It's the people that expect everything to go perfectly that are always disappointed. Plan for the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
    Point taken. I'm not looking for perfection, believe me. At the end of the day, no matter what happens, we'll be married. THAT is the most important thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast