Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wedding Favor/Gift for Guests

My husband and I are in our late 20's and we just got married in Florida on a beach at a Hawaiian resort -- we are from Philadelphia and Canada so it was a nice destination wedding.

As far as gift was concerned, my place card holders were little shells with slits in them so they could take those home and use to hold a photo -- other than that we decided to donate to a charity in honor of our guests and we made an announcement at the reception letting them know that. That way you have less to worry about when you get there

Quote Originally Posted by MAB0403 View Post
    My husband and I are in our late 20's and we just got married in Florida on a beach at a Hawaiian resort -- we are from Philadelphia and Canada so it was a nice destination wedding.
    Congratulations on your wedding.

As far as gift was concerned, my place card holders were little shells with slits in them so they could take those home and use to hold a photo -- other than that we decided to donate to a charity in honor of our guests and we made an announcement at the reception letting them know that. That way you have less to worry about when you get there
    I think this is a terrific idea. Your guests still had a momento with an easily transportable (good old airline luggage limits ) photo holder and a charity, of which all are suffering with the bad economy, has benefited.

that was all very helpful!

I asked our wedding planner what we could give as an authentic wedding favor. She recommended bolo preto (black cake). It's a molasses rum fruit cake....and though it sounds odd, it is delicious! Apparently it's served at the most special of occasions - weddings and holidays. We paid about $6 for box, ribbon, and 4 pieces per person, cheaper than the favors I was thinking about earlier and no shipping/packing involved. AND Folks are still raving about how tasty it was! My aunt is making it for Christmas!

I knew we had to go with this when I asked my Trinidadian co-worker about it and his eyes just widened at the memory of it.

Aruba since 1979
    that was my birthday cake 2 yrs ago
    i had itjust that once and it is "inebriating and deeelicious"
    (and i hate rum cake)
    loved this cake omgosh was it wonderful

The website for Kays is www.kaysfinejewelry.com We worked with Andy and he was great! Phone 297-588-9978

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123