Aruba Beach

Thread: Wedding Paperwork for Aruba Wedding

Smile Wedding Paperwork for Aruba Wedding

Please if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I am getting married May 16, 2009 and trying to have everything organized and ready to go and have emailed and called Mr Betto Christiaans several times and no response can someone please answer this question. A question on the letter of non-impediment would a notorized statement from the county clerk where I live be acceptable that states that we are single and free to marry each other, or do we need a search of the records in Albany, New York our state capitol if so how far back must we go neither of us have been married before. Anyone that has gotten married in Aruba that could answer this question that would be wonderful. Thank you sooooooooo much. (help)

Here's an "INTERVIEW" I've had with Mr Chrisiaans a few months back, this should answer whatever questions you might have.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Bryan Morris

The one questions that we are haveing a problem getting an answer to is the letter of non-inpediment. How far does the search have to go back showing that we have never been married they want to know this in Aruba and I have emailed Mr Betto Christianson several times and am not getting any answers from Him. Do you know how many years we need to go back to get married in Aruba or if you could answer this for me so we can move forward with all the paperwork needed to get married. Also thank you for the other info that you sent me but it did not answer this one question that I have. I also would like to check out some of your work since that is our next step looking for a photographer. Thanks for everything.

Michaele.

Hi Michaele,

All you need is a statement that you're not married and that you're free to marry each other.
    A search would not get you anything as you were never married.

Bryan Morris

I had to have the State Vital Statistics Department (a division of the Dept of Health in the state of Ohio) do a "No Record" search for both names. This means that they search all marriage records in your current state for the years specified. It was suggested that we go back to the age of 18, and it cost so much for every 10 years of the search. It was also stamped by the Secretary of State which was another $5, I believe. This particular document was the one I had the hardest time locating because nobody knew what it was. Hope this helps!
    Lori and Scott.......JUST MARRIED IN ARUBA!
    March 17, 2008

My wedding coordinator said to use a notarized affidavit *to show that I was single and able to marry. It said basically: "I, ..., born on ..., in the city of .... state of ... hereby solemnly swear that I am single and eligible to be married." I brought it to a notary public, signed it there, and he notarized it. It cost $10 I believe. This saved a lot of time trying to track down a certificate of no impediment! Mr. Christiaans accepted it without a problem.

Thank you so much that helped a ton. Congrats on your marrage.

Thank you that was a big help, how did you like your photographer, that is the next thing I have to do is find a photographer. Where did you guys get married what hotel if you don't mind me asking and how was your day I would love to hear about it.