Aruba Beach

Thread: Wedding Photographer

Wedding Photographer

Hello -- my fiance and I are hopefully going to be getting married in Aruba at the end of this October (our scouting trip is planned for mid-May). I'm looking for a great photographer. I've been looking at sites of a few of the Aruba photographers I have found online and have not yet been blown-away. I'm looking for a photo-journalistic approach (as well as a few traditional shots for the family). Beyond that though, I'm looking for some 'art' and 'glam'. That's the part that has been missing in the portfolios I have come across so far.

Our original destination was Puerto Vallarta (canceled because of the violence in Mexico). While I was researching PV, I came across this photographer, Paulina Ulloa: (sorry - they won't let me post her link. its just her name dot com). Her work is stunning - every photograph in her gallery looks like it belongs in a fashion magazine. Her approach is artistic and final product truly striking - something I haven't found yet in an Aruba photographer. I've seen very nice work from Aruba, but not yet this kind of "Wow". If you know of a photographer that can compete with this, please let me know! I'd really rather save the expense of bringing someone in from the states. Thanks.

read my post. we just renewed our vows and had a fantastic photographer, she was great!!!!!

Thanks Jinxy. Do you have a link to the album? We haven't chosen a photographer yet. The one I want is beyond my budget at the moment. I'm looking for someone with a real artistic eye (in the original composition, not Photoshop - I've worked in Photoshop for 10 years and can spot it a mile away). She sounds like a great person that loves what she does. We're considering hiring someone to do an engagement photo for us when we visit next month. Christene

bella aruba

Quote Originally Posted by jinxy View Post
    read my post. we just renewed our vows and had a fantastic photographer, she was great!!!!!
    Do you have an email address to get in touch with her??? I tried the one on her website and the email was sent back saying incorrect email address....

We were married in Aruba in January and we used Angela Munzenhofer as our photographer. She was absolutely amazing and alot of fun to work with. My husband hates getting his picture taken and she made him enjoy doing it. We used the wedding planner, Indira from Aruba Fairy Tales, who was also fantastic. The photographer was included in the package we chose. Angela even put a full page spread about our wedding in the local newspaper.

CindyO and I renewed our wedding vows in April of 2008. We used Rosalie Klein for the photography and she did a wonderful job. Her price was very reasonable.

Rosalie also works as a freelance journalist, and covered my daughter's 16th birthday party at Hard Rock Cafe for the newspaper "The News". Again, very professional.

I've contacted her via e-mail....she is very responsive.

rosalie.klein@gmail.com

Good Luck!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks. Looks like we are back to square one.
    Last edited by christene; 06-22-2009 at 10:27 AM.