Aruba Beach

Thread: Wedding Planner - E2

Wedding Planner - E2

I know I've posted at moments when I've been discouraged and now want to take the opportunity to tell you that our wedding planner has been a huge help in helping me feel confident and helping me get excited again! I had my heart set on a few certain things that are unavailable or in short supply in Aruba. I know that you have to be willing to be more flexible when planning a destination wedding, but I was determined to see our personalities captured.

First, I really really don't like the slip-cover/sash look that I've seen in most Aruban wedding photos. I like clean and contemporary and wanted simple white folding or Chiavari chairs. Well Edwina (of E2 Events and Celebrations) told me that she had ordered them so I had my fingers crossed that they would be there in time. Well, they have arrived! Yay!!! She has 60 of them available - more than enough for our event.

Next, I had my heart set on specific contemporary polished nickel lanterns. Edwina fell in love with these too and agreed to invest in these for us and the first ones have just arrived! This will give me my 'must-have' candlelight! We also love the idea that lanterns will help extend the island theme. Yet, they are simple and chic and we feel they perfectly reflect our personalities.

Finally, she is investing in a canopy that we really want! We are having our dinner on the lawn of the Marriott and then dancing poolside. Our favorite idea to create intimacy for the space was some white draped fabric. While we were told there is another canopy available on the island, after over a month of trying we were unable to get anyone to confirm availability or pricing. So, we had finally given up when Edwina came through!

She's been incredibly patient. (Anyone that's talked to me or read through my posts knows I'm super fussy.) When we didn't get excited about pictures we saw of previous setups, she dove into the challenge of helping us create something a little different. Our wedding is now barely 12 weeks away and am finally able to relax, knowing she has actually taken the time to understand us. She's such a sweet lady - from the moment we met her she greeted us with a big hug and we can't wait to go back!
    Last edited by christene; 08-04-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents