Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: wedding planners/photographers/vendors

self promoting?

read many threads, but comment on only a few that i can relate to. in this section the one thing that has bothered me for quite a while. this area has quite a few sketchy threads? for personal self promotion? when i read threads stating this photographer ruined our day, their pictures were bad, etc etc.
    the minister was not what we expected, the dj ruined our night, the hotel wedding planner did not have a clue.
    sorry if anyone feels offended, but i believe this one section can be very beneficial $$. and also could hurt other's who perform services on the island, some have no clue of this forum's influence, which is not fair.

Aruba since 1979
    ricky this is a category that requires much moderator's time and effort.
    it is difficult on a good day and on its worst day it is a train wreck.

this category gets many views
    and is the category that can be very beneficial for brides and grooms.

the aruba tourism authority is in the process of considering new rules and separate log in for this category.

we have not ruled out " suspected hoax"

we have had in the past, certain vendors undermining other vendors (their competition).

we, the moderators and the ATA have to tread carefully and make sure what we do and say here is appropriate and right on.

some days i wish i had a CLOSE feature for the whole category.

weekend of july 9/10 i spent upwards of 8 hours on this section, and emailing and communicating with the ATA about problems.

it is a chore and i hope all realize that their words can make or break an individual and their business.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    read many threads, but comment on only a few that i can relate to. in this section the one thing that has bothered me for quite a while. this area has quite a few sketchy threads? for personal self promotion? when i read threads stating this photographer ruined our day, their pictures were bad, etc etc.
    the minister was not what we expected, the dj ruined our night, the hotel wedding planner did not have a clue.
    sorry if anyone feels offended, but i believe this one section can be very beneficial $$. and also could hurt other's who perform services on the island, some have no clue of this forum's influence, which is not fair.

unfortunate that the hard work by the moderator's is spent policing this area.
    this is a great site, and no matter how many times i'm on the island, it's a pleasure reading and commenting on other's.

Aruba since 1979
    lisa and i thank you for your kind words

We are volunteers trying to do the best that we are able.

Andrea deserves 99% of the applause and appreciation.

Aruba since 1979
    Thank lisa. Untrue though

Jason, I wouldnt worry so much about one bad review for on vendor. When we read good reviews after good reviews about a certain vendor ( ahem, ahem.... not naming any names here) we just formed a good impression in our minds. In any industry there will be bad apples/ They do not necessarily pull every one else down. Whoever asked you out of all people to confirm that a photographers there are not good, lol, did not do their research or just wasnt thinking straight for that moment.

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel

Weddings

We were married in 2010 in Aruba and loved our wedding planner, our photographer, every thing. We came back last year on our anniversary and will be coming back next month for our 2nd anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by drtucker1 View Post
    We were married in 2010 in Aruba and loved our wedding planner, our photographer, every thing. We came back last year on our anniversary and will be coming back next month for our 2nd anniversary.
    Welcome to the forum

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel

Thanks

Thanks. The forum is great! So many shared experiences. We are 56 days away from our 4th trip to Aruba. I'm getting excited laying out each day's activities. In the end, we veer off course a bit and spend our days on the beach sipping rum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast