Aruba Beach

Thread: Wedding questions!

Wedding questions!

Hi Everyone!
    My fiance and I decided to get married in Aruba in April of 2011. We've booked our hotel (Amsterdam Inn) and the Riu Palace for our "honeymoon" and booked our flight- one minor thing- We have chosen a place to get married yet. We are on a budget so don't want to go crazy. Does anyone have a place or wedding coordinator that you'd feel comfortable recommending to us? The ceremony will probably be about 15-20 people.

Thanks in advance- everyone always seems so helpful!

Aruba since 1979
    [B]http://www.aruba.com/SpecialVacation...ymoons.aspx/B]
    click the above link for info.

If you are going to be at the Amsterdam Manor why not consider getting married there? or the RIU?
    IMO, there is NO bad place to be married on the island.

If i were the bride, i would choose sunrise outside in front of the Alto Vista chapel.
    my guests would be unhappy at the early hour, but it'd be my wedding.

i look forward to reading all of the replies you will get........and there will be many.

Quote Originally Posted by kylak View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    My fiance and I decided to get married in Aruba in April of 2011. We've booked our hotel (Amsterdam Inn) and the Riu Palace for our "honeymoon" and booked our flight- one minor thing- We have chosen a place to get married yet. We are on a budget so don't want to go crazy. Does anyone have a place or wedding coordinator that you'd feel comfortable recommending to us? The ceremony will probably be about 15-20 people.

Consider working with an independed wedding planner. It will safe you a lot, they can choose the most beautifil quiet beaches without a whole bunch of resort guests in bathing suites, and are more flexible when it comes to dinner/reception locations.

Regards,
    Robert
    Robert Arenz weddingplanner and professional photographer
    http://www.photographyaruba.com http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Consider working with an independed wedding planner. It will safe you a lot, they can choose the most beautifil quiet beaches without a whole bunch of resort guests in bathing suites, and are more flexible when it comes to dinner/reception locations.

Regards,
    Robert

I agree with you, Robert. An independent wedding planner (not associated with any particular resort) would be the most economical way to go. A ceremony at one of the quieter beaches, followed by dinner reservations at a local restaurant.

My husband and I had 15 guests at our wedding. We did the whole shabang, including ceremony, au d'oeuvres, dinner, and DJ/dancing on the pool deck through the Marriott. It was wonderful, and I would do it again in a heartbeat, but it was just as costly as a large wedding back in the States with 100 or so guests.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by kylak View Post
    Hi Everyone!

My suggestion...use Rev Robert Gibson and get married at the Divi Phoenix at their beach. Bar is right there. They do a nice set up.
    YEs, there will be many ideas coming

I work with Rev. Robert Gibson often and he is fantastic. Last night I Photographed a private and very intimate Renewal of Vows with him on Eagle Beach. It was so romantic... And the pictures came out gorgeous because I know exactly what he is going to say, in order to be in the right place to capture the moment! He pauses and positions himself and the wedding party by keeping a good eye on the backdrop to help the photographers get the best angles and lighting. Here is his contact: reverendrobertgibson@myway.com
    Last edited by photosbyjulia; 11-09-2010 at 08:40 AM.