Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wedding and Staying at the Divi vers Renaissance Island

  1. #1
    Member A_J_Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Renaissance Island...
    Posts
    43

    Wedding and Staying at the Divi vers Renaissance Island

    I'm looking into having a wedding at the Divi in July 2010. All my guests will also be staying at the Divi so what would I do for the reception part of the night? The planner I spoke to said we'd go to the "red parrot" since all the guests are All-Inclusive, but it doesn't sound like a true reception. Any thoughts/suggestions?

    I also wondered about Renaissance Island which is my "favoriate" place. How costly would it be? We are trying to keep costs down, but it sounds so much more private on the Island.

    I have about 20 guests coming.
    Advise, suggestions, recommendations gladly taken..
    Last edited by A_J_Mitch; 08-13-2009 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by A_J_Mitch View Post
    I'm looking into having a wedding at the Divi in July 2010. All my guests will also be staying at the Divi so what would I do for the reception part of the night? The planner I spoke to said we'd go to the "red parrot" since all the guests are All-Inclusive, but it doesn't sound like a true reception. Any thoughts/suggestions?

    I also wondered about Renaissance Island which is my "favoriate" place. How costly would it be? We are trying to keep costs down, but it sounds so much more private on the Island.

    I have about 20 guests coming.
    Advise, suggestions, recommendations gladly taken..
    Confused here...are you asking for your wedding there, or to visit there?
    You would have to rent the whole island for the evening and I have no idea what that cost would be. Check with Renn. wedding consultant.

  3. #3
    Member A_J_Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Renaissance Island...
    Posts
    43
    I'm just gathering feedback from people who've had weddings at both the Divi and on Renaissance Island. I just spoke to both places and got some quotes but looking for feedback from other brides. thanks so much

  4. #4
    Member Sheree10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    81
    A J Mitch: I'm planning a wedding at the Renaissance for next July 2010. I really liked the idea of having a private island as a location for the wedding.

    I am sending you a PM

  5. #5
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by A_J_Mitch View Post
    I'm just gathering feedback from people who've had weddings at both the Divi and on Renaissance Island. I just spoke to both places and got some quotes but looking for feedback from other brides. thanks so much
    I posted some wedding photo's that were taken on Renn island. My daughters will be getting married there no matter what ! Week 15 and 16...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4
    Hi A J Mitch,

    I know you are looking for a location at the moment for your reception, but if you need a DJ I can recommend you DJ Rodrigo Peraza. He actually is the resident DJ at Divi and he has played at many weddings there. He can play at the location you chose though. Anyhow you can contact him at Rodrigo.Peraza.jr@gmail.com

    Ade

  7. #7
    Senior Member Karen Lutzker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The beaches and the sea
    Posts
    474
    Do you know if DJ Rodrigo Peraza plays every night at the Divi and the time he starts playing?
    http://www.cayenaweddings.com
    Aruba's First Destination Wedding Planner
    Specialists in Wedding Coordination and Vow Renewals

  8. #8
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Lutzker View Post
    Do you know if DJ Rodrigo Peraza plays every night at the Divi and the time he starts playing?
    As of June 2009,
    Entertainers rotate each evening at both the Divi and Tamarijn. There will never be anyone playing two nights in a row. They usually start at 7 pm.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6

    DJ Rodrigo Peraza

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Lutzker View Post
    Do you know if DJ Rodrigo Peraza plays every night at the Divi and the time he starts playing?

    He plays Monday through Saturday starting at 6:30pm till midnight. Every other Friday he is off. Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO