Aruba Beach

Thread: Wedding Venue - Ask about Construction

Wedding Venue - Ask about Construction

Hey All -- I just want to pass along a tip. When selecting the resort / venue for your wedding, be sure to ask them if there is any construction planned that will make your preferred location unavailable or cause inconvenience for your guests. I never thought to ask the resort such a thing because from what I understood the Aruba Marriott is pretty much finished with their $50 million renovation.

Well, my destination wedding travel agent passed along the following email that she received from them last week. The pool 'facelift' is supposed to be done 4 weeks before my wedding but I sure feel for September Marriott brides. AND I am desperately hoping it is finished on schedule so I can have the poolside reception that is planned!

"The pool area at our Resort will receive a facelift starting August 18th until the end of September, 2009. During this time we will be resurfacing the pool. In addition, the surrounding rock formations will be part of a beautification project. Therefore our pool facilities will be closed for an estimated six weeks.

All guests staying at our Resort from August 18th until the end of September can enjoy the pool facilities at Marriott’s Ocean Club, adjacent to our hotel. This freeform pool features a spacious pool deck, several secluded swimming areas with a very comfortable swim up bar. To snuggle up after your swim, deck chairs are provided for a perfect lounge moment with your favorite book, or to get an afternoon snooze."

Aruba since 1979
    sometimes delays happen and that 4 week grace period could be markedly reduced.
    marriott did well on following their timeline for the rooms and lobby renovation.
    i think they were only over by a month.
    just like here in the states.........murphy's law prevails.

That's definitely my fear. Four weeks sounds awfully tight to me. On the upside I hear the pool at the Ocean Club is pretty good, but still, that could to put a damper on our 'poolside dancing'. Hopefully they'll stay on track and we'll have a nice fresh pool to party next to. I had thought their pool was in really good shape so I wonder what they're doing to it. Hopefully we'll see the 'result' and not the 'in progress'... Somehow the thought of a potential renovation never crossed my mind... Lesson learned!