Aruba Beach

Thread: Weddingmoon in Aruba or go elsewhere for Honeymoon

Talking Weddingmoon in Aruba or go elsewhere for Honeymoon

When my fiancee and I were in Aruba two year ago, there was a port that was leaving to other islands.

I dont mind a Weddingmoon in Aruba but a part of me wants to go elsewhere for my Honeymoon. Does anyone know the name of the cruiseline that leave from Aruba? Any suggestions?

Cindy

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Question for you...why bother to get married and go thru all the trouble/$$$/ etc. in aruba and then leave??? Didn't you like it 2 years ago?
    You mentioned in another post that you would like to bring your own decorator...isn't that a bit pricey also??
    Hey, just stay and enjoy the island, there's nothing better imop. My suggestion is STAY there....
    Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

Aruba since 1979
    the answer to your question about cruises ....we think there are no crusies that use aruba as their homeport.
    check out this link

Cruise FROM and back to Aruba

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely3457 View Post
    When my fiancee and I were in Aruba two year ago, there was a port that was leaving to other islands.

I dont mind a Weddingmoon in Aruba but a part of me wants to go elsewhere for my Honeymoon. Does anyone know the name of the cruiseline that leave from Aruba? Any suggestions?

Cindy

Where is your wedding?
    Where are you staying for you wedding?

Dh and I married in the Bahamas and left the very next morning, first flight out and left the family to head off to our Aruba honeymoon.

May I suggest that you just change resorts? You will at least save the airfare and if you are not staying at the Bucuti for your wedding, more there and find paradise.

We flew to Curacao for a week and then back to Aruba for a few days before returning home. Its a 25 minnute flight or so and was very easy to get there, and we wanted to be alone on our honeymoon.

Weddingmoon in Aruba or go elsewhere for Honeymoon

We absolutely love Aruba, and will be getting married there in just a few weeks(!!). We also decided to stay there for our honeymoon, rather than take a gamble on someplace else. As others mentioned, you are already making the effort & spending the money to get there as well as the travel time, so we are going to make the most of the trip and stay on the island that we love. We decided to move to a resort on the other end of the island the day after the wedding to kick off our honeymoon, while our guests stay and enjoy our wedding resort for the duration of their vacations. I think that switching resorts will make it feel like we're "leaving" and going someplace new anyway.

Whatever you decide to do, the very best wishes to you and have a wonderful time!

I agree. We are also staying in Aruba after our wedding. We are not changing resorts, we are staying at the Hyatt the whole time. But with the Hyatt you get an upgraded suite for five nights as part of the wedding package. So for the first four nights we are in a regular room, then on our wedding night we move into our suite for the duration of our stay. We are also thinking of taking another vacation/honeymoon in six months or so. But the time, packing, etc. to change locations and go to another island or something just didn't seem worth it to us. And Aruba is an amazing place, and once the wedding is over I will truly be able to relax and enjoy it!

Thanks Guys!! Given our economny and your FAB suggestions -- ARUBA for the week it is !!!

Resort is still undecided : Debating Marriott / Raddisson / Renaissance ??? hmmm

Aiming for Nov 2010

We stayed in Aruba as well - there is so much to see and do and you couldn'tfind a more beautiful and friendly place !

Good choice to stick around after the wedding and see what all it has to offer.