Aruba Beach

Thread: Weddings at Riu

Weddings at Riu

Hello Everyone,
    I'm planning a wedding in Aruba for 2009. I was reviewing hotels online and came across the Riu. It looks amazing!! Has anyone had a wedding there? if so, how were the accomdations and how was the ceremony?
    thanks!

Hi - I Just Returned From Aruba On Weds - Tried To Visit The Riu But The Security Guard Would Not Let Us In The Pool Area But Did Go In One Day. I Think It Is Very Bare - It Needs Some Tropical Planting Done. Alot Of Concrete And Not Very Pretty. It Seemed To Be Alot Of Younger Crowd - They Were Having A Beer Drinking Contest At The Pool. The Builidings Are Beatiful And At The Lobby Is Okay. There Was Mixed Comments On It About The Food.

Joanie A

Weddiing at Riu

Thank you so much for the advice

I too looked into having my wedding at the Riu. My fiance and I went to see it, and while it is beautiful, we felt it very impractical for the wedding.

As mentioned, you could not get into the pool area at all so if guests are staying at other hotels, they wouldn't even be able to come over and visit. Also, wasn't crazy about their reception space.

but, it was absolutely gorgeous!