Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome bags

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    sunnybride...if you are buying that stuff on the island why not get it from Aruba Aloe,,,they have the balm, lotion and gel,,,as well as after tanning lotion, so you will be giving your bridesmaids good products and supporting arban made products....
    Do you know if I can purchase any of the local Aloe stuff online? I did find a website but am not sure if it's really an official aruba aloe one or not. I'm probably worrying for nothing but I arrive later than several of my guests so would like to have the bags to them ASAP and may not have loads of time to do shopping so if I could bring it over with me that might help.

Also, some awesome ideas here! Thanks everyone.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Yes, there are local retailers..not sure where you are from but they sell the stuff at Chestnut Hill Mall in Massachusetts.

We never found an inexpensive online resource, so if you do find one, please share! Going directly to Aruba Aloe's website is pretty expensive as it is priced for American distribution with high retail prices (it will ship fast though, because its warehoused in the US).

Something that may save you some time (and probably a lot of money), is to consider having the product delivered to your hotel. The grocery stores have great prices and I believe at least Ling & Sons will deliver to your hotel. You can find several products in their Health and Beauty section of their website. When I went to Ling & Sons, it seemed they had everything I was looking for, so if its not online, give them a call or shoot them an email. (You may have some difficulty placing the online order given your credit card will be from outside Aruba, but it still might be worth a call to them.)

We made a few trips to grocery stores for different items and really liked their store. We found their pricing on other items comparable to any grocery store you might find in a larger American city.

http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/list...d=1&entityId=1

Also, if you are working with a wedding planner, they may be willing to pick up your product in advance so again, it would be waiting for you.

Finally, the Aruba Aloe Factory Store in Aruba will also deliver to your hotel, though I was disappointed to find their pricing either at, or very close to full 'mall' retail. They may give you a slight quantity discount if you email them. They also have some products in "travel sizes". We considered this but they required a minimum of 96 of each item we were interested in (no mix and match).

This was all when I was doing my planning in August / September / October 2009.
    Last edited by christene; 03-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.

christene,
    loks like a great bag....as were your ideas...good job !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by christene View Post
    We never found an inexpensive online resource, so if you do find one, please share! Going directly to Aruba Aloe's website is pretty expensive as it is priced for American distribution with high retail prices (it will ship fast though, because its warehoused in the US).

Something that may save you some time (and probably a lot of money), is to consider having the product delivered to your hotel. The grocery stores have great prices and I believe at least Ling & Sons will deliver to your hotel. You can find several products in their Health and Beauty section of their website. When I went to Ling & Sons, it seemed they had everything I was looking for, so if its not online, give them a call or shoot them an email. (You may have some difficulty placing the online order given your credit card will be from outside Aruba, but it still might be worth a call to them.)

We made a few trips to grocery stores for different items and really liked their store. We found their pricing on other items comparable to any grocery store you might find in a larger American city.

http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/list...d=1&entityId=1

Also, if you are working with a wedding planner, they may be willing to pick up your product in advance so again, it would be waiting for you.

Finally, the Aruba Aloe Factory Store in Aruba will also deliver to your hotel, though I was disappointed to find their pricing either at, or very close to full 'mall' retail. They may give you a slight quantity discount if you email them. They also have some products in "travel sizes". We considered this but they required a minimum of 96 of each item we were interested in (no mix and match).

This was all when I was doing my planning in August / September / October 2009.
    Wow thank you so much for all this information. Very helpful. I will ask my planner if he will pick stuff up but I'm only using the resort planner so I doubt that will work but having the stuff delivered to my hotel sounds like a great idea!

Christene..........I love your bags! I was looking for a canvas bag that I would hve personalized but these look great.....we all know it will be the women using it. LOL. I still have plenty of time to look.
    Next Aruba trip in

kit
    Hi Christene!

I was wondering where you purchased the straw bags? They are so nice!!!

kit
    The bags look great.
    Last edited by kit; 03-27-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks! We liked the island-y feel of the woven palm leaves. They were cheap too - like $3.75 each and they are higher quality than similar bags you'll find at twice the cost. I did procrastinate though and wanted to order them a few weeks before the wedding. They were sold out for a couple of weeks and I barely got them in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    The bags look great.

Ailana Kai --- really bad website and you can't pay online, but it was worth the hassle. They responded to emails pretty quickly and shipped really fast via USPS priority. http://www.ailanakai.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    Hi Christene!

I was wondering where you purchased the straw bags? They are so nice!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast