Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Bags - Aruba Aloe

Thanks so much! Sounds like it might be worth stopping at the factory after all. I was bummed that travel sizes could only be ordered in 96ct which was way too much for me, but probably should note that I thought it was nice that they offered to deliver the products to the hotel free of charge if I did place the order. Someone with a larger wedding party might want to consider that.

Here are how the prices converted from florins to dollars for our purchase 6/27 at Kong Hing Supercenter

All prices in USD
    $4.71 Shampoo 9 oz.
    $4.71 Conditioner 9 oz.
    $6.13 Special care lotion 9 oz.
    $5.46 Refreshing bath gel 9 oz.

welcome bags

Hi there. I actually just got back last week from our wedding in Aruba -- congrats to you -- you will love it!

I contemplated Aruba Aloe as well but couldn't get over the prices. I wanted to have aloe and sunscreen in the bags, and even though that stuff is highly recommended I couldn't justify paying that much for 30 items when probably not all the guests would use it and they wouldn't even realize how much we spent on it. I got a few products from cheaptravelsizes.com, and you can order things individually. For our welcome bags, I bought small tubes of sunscreen and aloe as well as small packets of Advil and Tums (figured our guests we need those - lol).

Other things I included were a few customized things: koozies (these were a huge hit), disposable cameras, lip balms and a trinket case with mints, etc. inside. I also put a bag of chips and bottled water in there, as well as a welcome letter/program thanking our guests for attending - listing a calendar of events/contact infom and also introducing the wedding party.

I think that is it. Please let me know if you have any other questions and congrats again!

What did you end up getting for your welcom bags? We are getting married July 16, 2010 on Eagle Beach at Sunset. It is just my immediate family (we will have a big post reception when we return a few weeks later) but I want to make welcome bags. Are you getting everything when you get to Aruba? Also, are you buying your bags in Aruba......does anyone have suggestions on where to buy some bags?

Congratulations on our upcoming wedding! I've decided to include a full size Aruba Aloe After Sun cream in each bag. I'm told most people know to bring sunscreen so that can be a waste. But I'm also going to have some Aruba Aloe Aloe Gel and Burn Balm on hand. I'm making 'emergency bags' for my bridesmaids that will contain things like first aid kits, sunscreen for those that forgot and the sunburn products.
    Quote Originally Posted by cukiecutr View Post
    What did you end up getting for your welcom bags? We are getting married July 16, 2010 on Eagle Beach at Sunset. It is just my immediate family (we will have a big post reception when we return a few weeks later) but I want to make welcome bags. Are you getting everything when you get to Aruba? Also, are you buying your bags in Aruba......does anyone have suggestions on where to buy some bags?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12