Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Welcome Bags for guests

Welcome Bags for guests

We are getting married in Aruba at the beginning of the summer. We have about 70 guests attending and want to do welcome bags for the rooms. I looked online to see what items we can purchase on the island but the cost is high. Does anyone have any suggestions on items we can buy before hand and travel with?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wedding%20favors.html
    please check out these threads, click above link.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

ncesario,

I am with you!!!

Bath and Body Works has promo items--candles and lotions for $1 each (usually $2.5-$4), I picked those up in tropical scents.

I picked up small sunscreen and sunscreen wipes.

We are going to the grocery store. . . I'll head downtown before guests arrive. et. . .

great ideas! Thanks guys!

Last edited by lasalleboygmu; 06-17-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Hey,

Here's what I did for a welcome bag for an Aruba Wedding I did at the Hyatt

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...51536324900090

And here's what I did for a rescue me kit that I put in all the beds at the end of the night:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...51536324900090

enjoy!

Hello and Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I would love to give you tidbits on welcome bags as I have helped so many brides.
    To begin with you can purchase a three pack Aruba liquor, Awa water bottle and replace with your own sticker of wedding date and name. I also tell my brides to pickup sun lotions in the states when they have a promotion including aloe. Unfortunately Aruba Aloe is very expensive but it is a great product. Flip Flops, Aruba wafer cookies, also brides have bought a case of each fruit (Mango, Lychee, Avocado, Shimarucco, Kinepa and Coconut squares. This is what the guests love because when I am at the table shooting pics they are flabbergasted over the different things they can eat, wear on their feet and body and drink when relaxing. Hope this info helps and yes Bath and body works is a great idea as someone suggested, get the hand sanitizers as well.
    Enjoy planning your Aruba wedding and feel free to ask any questions. I am always a good advice giver.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Wedding bags

Ok after I posted I put myself in your shoes and went looking at more things to fill a bag with goodies. I heard alot of things about a new Chinese place that opened across the street from Pricesmart (like a Sams Club) and I fell in love with all the goodies at a reasonable price. So as I was shopping I looked for things and found a coffe mug that had Aruba on it for $2.00 with all different colors, a pen made of coconut and Aruba, shells in a bottle with Aruba and I even smiled when I seen a box of dominoes with Aruba on the wooden box. One of my clients did the fruit in a basket she brought from N.Y and I went shopping with her and bought the coolest of fruits. The rehearsal dinner was full of wows and the guests really loved the tropical treats. One of the guests yelled out ONG Kinepa and I was shocked she knew what it was and of course she was from Puerto Rico and could not stop talking about it. Later that night I brought her to a Kinepa Tree and she was in heaven, she filled out her bag and gave her husband bunches and the next day could not stop thanking me. The other fruit which I have problems writting was Macrupine and that was a hit because it is in season. I love it so much that I grew the plant along with starfruit, mango, and guarana.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

I did all the welcome bags myself. I bought everything here and brought it with us. We ordered hibiscus patterned bags from Oriental Trading Company. They worked out great! We put in them:

Small bottle of Aloe Vera - $1.00 each at Ocean State Job Lot
    Small SPF bottles with our personalized label on them - We filled them at the hotel
    Individual packs of tylenol - Bought a box of 50 at Staples for about $13.00
    Bandaids- Bought at Target
    Individual packs of Pepto Bismal - Target
    Bath & Body works hand sanitizers - $1.00 each
    Welcome brochures - Made on Vistaprint.com
    Photo Share Cards- Made on Vistaprint.com
    Map of Aruba - Aruba board of tourism
    20oz plastic cups with lids and straws for drinks - Purchased on Ebay
    Granola Bars - Target

I have pictures in my planning thread that I wrote on a destination wedding website, feel free to take a look:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.co...1-11-pic-heavy

Contact me if you need more info

Aruba since 1979
    YOU absolutely thought outside the box!
    sounds great.
    Quote Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post
    I did all the welcome bags myself. I bought everything here and brought it with us. We ordered hibiscus patterned bags from Oriental Trading Company. They worked out great! We put in them:

Small bottle of Aloe Vera - $1.00 each at Ocean State Job Lot
    Small SPF bottles with our personalized label on them - We filled them at the hotel
    Individual packs of tylenol - Bought a box of 50 at Staples for about $13.00
    Bandaids- Bought at Target
    Individual packs of Pepto Bismal - Target
    Bath & Body works hand sanitizers - $1.00 each
    Welcome brochures - Made on Vistaprint.com
    Photo Share Cards- Made on Vistaprint.com
    Map of Aruba - Aruba board of tourism
    20oz plastic cups with lids and straws for drinks - Purchased on Ebay
    Granola Bars - Target

I have pictures in my planning thread that I wrote on a destination wedding website, feel free to take a look:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.co...1-11-pic-heavy

Contact me if you need more info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast