Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: welcome bags/snorkeling trip

welcome bags/snorkeling trip

I have been reading this forum a lot in the past few months, but just signed up now so I can ask a few questions. I am getting married at the Marriott on June 14th and am making a site visit in a couple of weeks. I am trying to get ideas for the welcome bags. I was thinking about doing mini bottles of rum. Anyone know how much they cost down there? My wedding planner gave me a link to the website rum palmara, but I cannot find the prices for mini bottles. Also, does the supermarket down there have any snack type foods you can buy in bulk? I was also currious if anyone got any good maps of the palm beach area with different restaurants listed. I did some online searches but didn't find much.

I am also planning an excursion for my guests and was thinking about Jolly pirates. There are a few middle aged adults that will be going (most will be our friends and family in their 20s-30s), but I am a little worried it might be a little rowdy for them. I have done the palm pleasure snorkeling and liked it, but it is a little pricey for what I can spend for everyone. Any suggestions for snorkeling trips?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

here is a link to a thread re: wedding oot bags and the rum factory OOT Bags/ little gift bags for guests
    you will have to contact palmara for pricing.

here are many tagged threads about snorkeling
    i do not think that the Jolly would be too rowdy.....Jolly meets most people's expectations.

here are the many threads re: snorkeling http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling.html

Re: restaurants at palm beach/hi rise area.
    most are within walking distance.

here are some tagged threads re: palm beach area restaurants.
    i do not have a map of restaurant locations ...hope someone does!
    here are the tagged threads
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...m%20beach.html

QUOTE=labailey;241512]I have been reading this forum a lot in the past few months, but just signed up now so I can ask a few questions. I am getting married at the Marriott on June 14th and am making a site visit in a couple of weeks. I am trying to get ideas for the welcome bags. I was thinking about doing mini bottles of rum. Anyone know how much they cost down there? My wedding planner gave me a link to the website rum palmara, but I cannot find the prices for mini bottles. Also, does the supermarket down there have any snack type foods you can buy in bulk? I was also currious if anyone got any good maps of the palm beach area with different restaurants listed. I did some online searches but didn't find much.

I am also planning an excursion for my guests and was thinking about Jolly pirates. There are a few middle aged adults that will be going (most will be our friends and family in their 20s-30s), but I am a little worried it might be a little rowdy for them. I have done the palm pleasure snorkeling and liked it, but it is a little pricey for what I can spend for everyone. Any suggestions for snorkeling trips?[/QUOTE]

It sounds like Jolly Pirates would be perfect for your group. It really is a lot of fun and I can only imagine a group of family/friends would make it even better.
    Another good group adventure for a group is the Kukoo Kunuku party bus. I think either Jolly or Kukoo are what you make of them if you are going with a group, meaning that its only as rowdy as you make it. We have only ever gone as a couple but on our last trip we hooked up with another group and hung out with them on both Jolly P and the Kukoo trip and we sort of stuck with our group, dancing and really just enjoying ourselves.

Have you thought about adding travel size bottles of sunscreen or lip balm with spf to your gift bags?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we'll be doing the rum bottles, too, plus beach towels which we found a site for them for ike $5 or $6 each. plus the little things like advil, chapstick. i got cute post it note pads from oriental trading that look like matchbooks and say "thanks for sharing our day with us". we'll get snacks and water bottles at lings.

Thanks for the info about Jolly Pirates. I think I will end up booking that! We are also going to do Kukoo Kunuku one of the first days we are down there. I have heard that this is a lot of fun too.

I was planning on including lip balm and suncreen/aloe/lotion in the bags, but I am still shopping around for them. Gaby are you bringing the advil from home or buying it in Aruba?

Hi Gaby, what site did you use for the beach towels? Thanks!

Def recommend the Kukoo! You will have a BLAST!!

Hello,
    My fiance and I are getting married at the Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort April 16th....only 14 days until we leave We are doing the Jolly Pirate for our rehersal dinner, we rented it privately and will have open bar and appetizers. For our Welcome bags I ordered linen bags from Amazon in our wedding colors attached a label with raffetta and included Aruba lotion from bath and body (it's available now with 2013 on the bottle), a bottle of Advil lol, custom coozies, sunscreen and an Aruba coupon book. I ordered an wedding day timeline but the printer printed the wrong date so I couldn't use them. Good luck with everything the countdown is on

Aruba since 1979
    your welcome bags sound terrific!
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney721 View Post
    Hello,
    My fiance and I are getting married at the Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort April 16th....only 14 days until we leave We are doing the Jolly Pirate for our rehersal dinner, we rented it privately and will have open bar and appetizers. For our Welcome bags I ordered linen bags from Amazon in our wedding colors attached a label with raffetta and included Aruba lotion from bath and body (it's available now with 2013 on the bottle), a bottle of Advil lol, custom coozies, sunscreen and an Aruba coupon book. I ordered an wedding day timeline but the printer printed the wrong date so I couldn't use them. Good luck with everything the countdown is on

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    sorry sjh, didn't see your post about the towels. we are using the following link http://www.towelsoutlet.com/product/CFBT2858VC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast