Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westin Aruba Wedding

Westin Aruba Wedding

Me and My Husband were married on the beach at sunset at the Westin. It was one of the best decisions we ever made.

First off Patrick and Inge at the Westin were the absolute best. They were on top of everything from the first e-mail I sent.

Patrick met us upon our arrival to the hotel, it was so nice to finally meet him after all the e-mails. We had a beautiful suite but the Westin overall had the friendliest most accomodating staff.

We did our pre-wedding walk through which I highly recommend because it prepares you for the layout of the day. Lissy from the civil courthouse was there to explain the process of the civil ceremony in the morning. Patrick had put us in contact with her prior to our arrival to make sure we had all of the documentation. We e-mailed it all ahead of time which made that day a breeze. I have read other brides say the paperwork is overwhelming, it really isnt and I have to say it was so worth it!

Also during our pre wedding walk through my incredibly amazing photographer was there, Angela from Bella Photography. If you want amamzing wedding pictures done by a person who wants to capture the perfect moment for you, look no further then Angela. We explained the make up of both of our families and I knew from meeting with her instantly that we had chosen the perfect photographer for our day!

The day before the wedding we chose to do a sunset set sail instead of a rehearsal dinner. All of our guests had such an incredible time they are still talking about how much fun that was. Everyone had such beautiful pictures on the boat at sunset. This again was arranged by Patrick at the Westin.

We were married June 19th! Patrick had arranged for a transfer from the Westin to the courthouse for my witnesses and a few friends. Angela met us there and Lissy was there to guide through the ceremony. I recommend to any bride wanting to get married in Aruba to have the civil ceremony at the courthouse, it was so beautiful and beyond any expectation I had. The words of the vows there were so beautiful and emotional, that everyone was crying!

Our driver stopped by the famous divi divi tree to have our pictures taken
    under the tree, they came out incredible.

I had my hair and make up done at the spa in the Westin, Saldy was amazing. He even came up to my room later to do touch ups on all of the girls and the Mom's.

Patrick was with us the entire evening to make sure everything was perfect. He lined us all up, talked to the flowergirls and ring bearers before they went down the beach to the steel drum band. The reverends words were so beautiful, not traditional vows, soo much more meaning that tissues were being passed around. We had our cocktail hour on the beach at sunset, the pictures are out of this world! And Rudy took care of us all night with drinks and champagne! We had dinner at the beach terrace and then moved inside for our dance party since it was such a hot day! Thanks to Inge for making that happen!

Any bride nervous about planning their wedding from the states can be confident if you choose the Westin, you will have your dream wedding and it might be beyond what you could ever imagined, I know mine was.

Thanks to Patrick, Inge, Saldy, Rudy, Angela and Lissy for making our wedding day the most amazing day of our lives! It was beyond all of our expectations!

Also we received our wedding video in less then a month and our marriage certificate. I've already changed my name..

If anyone has questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Jo Ann
    Last edited by JoPete19; 07-29-2010 at 05:30 PM.

I'm so glad to hear that your wedding went well!! We just love Patrick and The Westin!! There are no worries when working with them!

Thank you for sharing your special day.

Aruba since 1979
    Glad that all went wonderfully well.
    I agree that Angela (bella photography) is terrific and does an amazing job.
    many many years/decades of health and happiness to you both.

Congrats! My FI and I are getting married at The Westin on 10/22/10. Patrick and Inge have been great! It's so nice to hear from another bride that got married at the Westin.

It would be great to see pictures!

congrats on your wedding and i'm glad you had a great time!!

If the future is like Aruba, you'll do fine.
    Last edited by cooliecanpro; 08-07-2010 at 08:33 AM.

I was married there on the 31st and feel the same way! I will post more soon. I am glad to see the Westin is getting the reviews it deserves.

We got married at the Westin on May 5th, and all went great! Patrick and Inge were as helpful as ever and just about everything went above and beyond our expectations. It was a great time and a perfect setting!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum travistiffany.
    the westin is a LOVELY place indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast