Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The WESTIN rocks--our site visit experience!!!

The WESTIN rocks--our site visit experience!!!

It's to say that we're back to reality!! We came back late last night from our wonderful trip to Aruba. My fiance and I are getting married at the Westin in May 2010 and did a site visit. We were treated like VIP!!! When we first arrived to the Westin we were surprised that we got UPGRADED to a suite (Jancis' doing)! When we went to the room we were in awe!! She upgraded us to a "honeymoon suite" the room had 2 oceanview balconies, each facing different views of the island! Then a couple minutes later, room service came and delivered CHAMPAGNE & a card!! It was from INGE and JANCIS!!! We can't say enough good things about these 2. Jancis is the wedding coordinator for the Westin and Inge is the wedding sales person for the Westin. They are so great with communication and are just wonderful people to work with...NO WORRIES!!

So Jancis scheduled a morning meeting with all the vendors we'd be using for the wedding (florist, DJ, minister, & caterer). Everyone arrived on time and was very professional, not to mention nice. Jancis made everything so easy and Jeff (my fiance) and I feel more comfortable leaving the details in her hands! She answered all our questions and assured us she'd take care of everything.

So the plan was to do the food tasting that afternoon, but then see informed us that she wanted us to do it for dinner. We'd taste all the appetizers and dinner plates we chose. So we go to the restaurant Pago Pago for the tasting, they end up seating us in a private dining area with for a candle lit dinner!! The executive chefs come out and introduce themselves and their congrats! It was an awesome experience.

They FOOD...OMG!!! Some of the best food I've ever had, I couldn't believe thats what we'd be serving at our wedding (for the price it was)! We chose the plated dinner #1 (for those considering the Westin). It was the beef tenderloin and miso sea bass. We also did our cake tasting after dinner too!! YUM!

Oh yeah...there was a wedding going on while we were there. It was beautiful and Jancis was there the whole time (worked 12 hours that day...making sure everything went smoothly!) The details to the ceremony and reception were beautiful!

I can go on and on and believe me there's more to tell!! But if there's any questions please feel free to ask!! WE HAVE ALL THE CONFIDENCE IN THE WESTIN and JANCIS!!! We can't wait to go back!!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Welcome home. Congratuations on your wedding. It will be here before you know it.

It all sounds very exciting. We like Pago Pago also. Food is excellent. Good luck with all your arrangements.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks for the nice story...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! We visited in May. We didn't get to meet Janis but absolutely adored Inge.

THANK YOU for this posting! I am so close to signing a contract with the Westin for my summer wedding and this is the reassurance I need right now! I have heard some mixed reviews about the Westin rooms and pool, so I was having a few doubts. I also heard it is windier there, did you think so? I sent you a PM with tons of questions, hope you don't mind. Thanks and congratulations!

MK1
    I'm glad you had a great site visit! We're also getting married on May 2010 (at Bucuti) and we're staying at the Westin for our site visit!
    Aruba trip #1: Jan 2010
    Aruba trip #2: May 2010
    Aruba trip #3: coming up!

Aruba

I just want to say that that Westin and Inge have been an absolute delight to work with! We are getting married there next summer and she has been so patient and helpful answering all my questions promptly and with care. She made our decision to go with the Westin easy and I am glad we did. I think more people should consider having their wedding at the Westin!

Hi,

We're actually having our wedding at the Westin on Sept 9, 2009 (less then 2 weeks from today !!!) I was wondering who your reverend would be. Rev. Gibson is all booked that day so we were recommended to use Rev. Jacobs. Anyone heard/used him before?

Can you provide me a list of the vendors you've met? Just want to see if it's the same vendors we're using. My fiance and I have never been to Aruba nor have we did a site visit. We're a bit nervous about the whole thing. We're planning to have our ceremony and reception on the beach at the Westin. Is it too windy there for it???

Any advice/suggestion you may have would be greatly be appreciated!

Our vendors

Minister: Rev. Greg Lighter, very nice man with a great personality
    DJ: Elite DJs (Mark and Randolph, young guys, so they know the music we like)
    Florist: Greta (in the business for 45 yrs I think!)
    Venue: Beach ceremony and Sirocco Lounge reception @ Westin
    Wedding Coordinator: Jancis Tromp, greatest coordinator ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast