I just returned yesterday from my wedding at the Westin Aruba (3.13.10). I first want to say if you are planning a wedding there you are in for a treat. We had 43 guests and were treated like royalty. Inge and Patrick are amazing to work with and even better once you arrive. The food was delicious and the preacher was the best I could of ever asked for. We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony on the beach and the reception in the Sirroco room. All wonderful!
Anyway, I am meeting with the photographer next week so as soon as i get some pictures I will post them. If you have any questions about my wedding and the details, don't hesitate to ask
Congrats! So nice to hear all went well! I am getting married there in July. I can't wait to see your pictures. Can you tell us about the vendors you used or make any suggestions, recommendations? Congrats again!
A few suggestions:
* If your group likes to drink, for sure go on the Tattoo party boat. It is parked out front of the Westin and you load at the dock of the resort next door. We did this Thursday night.
* It is super windy there so for the wedding maybe wear your hair up or half up (which is what i did)
* Drinks are expensive at the hotel so take advantage of the duty free shopping at the airport or on the plane. They also have a happy hour at the pool bar from 4-6 I believe
* As far as vendors go, I pretty much relied on the Westin for that. We didn't have a problem with anything so I wouldn't worry to use them for suggestions.
* The boys did a fishing trip the day before. Inge planned it for us and they had a blast.
* The Sirrocco room is beautiful, a little hot since the wind is blocked by the building but you can open the hotel doors to get some air if needed.
* A ton of people will stare at you when you get married. It's weird but fun at the same time. Just think of it as extra guests you don't have to pay for of Course the reception is private.
* They have covered huts on the beach. If you want one and are the bride get with Inge, she should be able to reserve one for you so you don't have to get up at 7am to wait in line.
* The car service they pick you up in is very nice. A Lincoln Navigator.
* We didn't get to visit the Island as much as I would have liked since we were so busy with wedding stuff, but we did go to the lighthouse. Pretty cool out there. some of my guests went to the natural pools and said it was beautiful
* We did the steel drum for the wedding and it was really cool.
I think that is all for now. I met with the photographer and should have the pictures back this week. I will post as soon as possible.
Hope this helps!!