Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What kind of veil did you do?

What kind of veil did you do?

My wedding is just under 3 months away! I still have yet to pick out a veil. What kind of veil did you wear and did it hold up in the strong winds? Please post pictures if you have some. Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    ask your planner to email you some of the photos from their photo albums so you can get an idea.
    who is your photographer? maybe you could get in touch with him/her and get some ideas from photos the photographer could send your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Catheryn View Post
    My wedding is just under 3 months away! I still have yet to pick out a veil. What kind of veil did you wear and did it hold up in the strong winds? Please post pictures if you have some. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    ask your planner to email you some of the photos from their photo albums so you can get an idea.
    who is your photographer? maybe you could get in touch with him/her and get some ideas from photos the photographer could send your way.
    Oh DUH! lol I forgot about that. My photographer is Victor Winklaar. I'll check out his website right now. Thanks Andrea!

Aruba since 1979
    ........and here are a couple of photography websites (aruba photographers)
    http://www.photographyaruba.com forum member robert
    http://www.bellarubaphotography.com forum member angela

you could also private message member roycroes and member photosbyjulia

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    my stepdaughter is getting married in October. she is not wearing a veil. She decided to wear her hair up and use a comb type piece. It is gorgeous. She will wear that to the side of her hair. I was afraid even if it was just a little wind, that it would be blowing in her face or something.

Hi Catheryn,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I had a beach ceremony on Palm Beach and I did not wear a veil. It was just way too windy. My hair was done as an updo so it wouldn't be blowing all over the place and the winds were so strong that day that my hair was coming undone. Some of my pictures it looks like I have a little tail hanging out the back of my head lol but this was fixed when the ceremony was over and before we started taking pictures. I think it all depends on the day, but my experience it was too windy to wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Catheryn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    my stepdaughter is getting married in October. she is not wearing a veil. She decided to wear her hair up and use a comb type piece. It is gorgeous. She will wear that to the side of her hair. I was afraid even if it was just a little wind, that it would be blowing in her face or something.
    I really want a veil! I'll feel more like a bride wearing one lol. I've read that they sell veil weights to help keep the veil down. I'm not sure if that'll help in the Aruba winds, but I'll look more into them. I've also read somewhere that the longer the veil is, the better it'll keep down in the winds (but I'm not sure if that applies in Aruba lol)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferLeigh View Post
    Hi Catheryn,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I had a beach ceremony on Palm Beach and I did not wear a veil. It was just way too windy. My hair was done as an updo so it wouldn't be blowing all over the place and the winds were so strong that day that my hair was coming undone. Some of my pictures it looks like I have a little tail hanging out the back of my head lol but this was fixed when the ceremony was over and before we started taking pictures. I think it all depends on the day, but my experience it was too windy to wear one.
    Thanks Jennifer! I really want to wear a veil! I hope it's not as windy when I get married.
    Who did you hire for hair and makeup? I still need to book one for myself and my two sisters.

Have you considered a cage veil? They don't blow as much. Or what about a headband with the veil that is low in the back so that if it does blow you aren't moving out of your face the whole time.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Have you considered a cage veil? They don't blow as much. Or what about a headband with the veil that is low in the back so that if it does blow you aren't moving out of your face the whole time.
    I'll look up the headband with the veil. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast