Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Where can I host a welcome dinner in a completely local environment?

Where can I host a welcome dinner in a completely local environment?

I did not want to bother anybody, but out planner suggested old man and the sea, marandi or pinchos for our welcome dinner. We are all seafood lovers and we are looking for something that looks and feel local to Aruba. I googled her suggestions and they all look very touristy and not what we want, we are slippers and beer kind of people and she does not seem to understand that. As long as am here, our package included bryan morris as our photographer but the planner keeps dodging me when I ask about him and he does not reply to any of my e-mails, does someone have a phone number for him? And are welcome bags mandatory? planner seems to thinks so, but the things she wants to sell us cost about $40 each and we have 30 guests, so can I skip it?

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Have you tried contacting Jason Margarita? He is a member of this forum. Maybe you could pm him. He does photography but is very knowledgeable in this area and has many contacts.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Pinchos is definately not touristy

You can also check MARINA PIRATA .......

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    You can also check MARINA PIRATA .......
    From my last review and I have attached a copy of their menu
    Marina Pirata is still one of our family’s favorites. This is our place to go for local flavor at a reasonable price with the added bonus of dining outdoors on the water.

Luckily we had made a reservation almost two weeks prior to arriving, requesting a table on the dock next to the water. When we arrived, the restaurant was full with locals. It was worth the price of a phone call from the states when we saw that there was one table still available, it was next to the water on the dock as requested, and it was ours. We were the only tourists there until we were about half way through our meal when another family sat down for dinner.

Only in Aruba would you see it. Dh couldn't believe it when a party of three was seated next to us and they almost immediately after being seated received their entrees. Little did he know? Dh had had his back to them when they were seated at their original table. Being full, the manager had asked the party of three who were sitting at a table for four to move to another smaller table so that they could accommodate the family of five who had just arrived.

Dude! The zeerover place looks AMAZING! It's exactly what we looking for, down to the billiard table. I do have one small problem. I cannot find a website or a way to make a reservation, so how do I do that Jason? Lisa the Marina place looks very romantic and my boyfriend made reservations for just the two of us. Thanks.
    Does someone know how to find bryan morris the photographer? replies from our planner take about 2 weeks if am lucky and I want to get things done.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    I vote you use Jason as your photographer!
    9th trip to Aruba in

Aruba since 1979
    Phone: (297) 738.1654
    Email: info@bryanmorrisphotography.com
    bryan morris contact info
    Quote Originally Posted by Browny82 View Post
    Dude! The zeerover place looks AMAZING! It's exactly what we looking for, down to the billiard table. I do have one small problem. I cannot find a website or a way to make a reservation, so how do I do that Jason? Lisa the Marina place looks very romantic and my boyfriend made reservations for just the two of us. Thanks.
    Does someone know how to find bryan morris the photographer? replies from our planner take about 2 weeks if am lucky and I want to get things done.

Hello Andrea. We have that e-mail and we have that number, number goes to voicemail everytime and e-mails no reply. You got any other numbers for him? and do you know when Jason will be back? we got this number for zeerover 5848401 but the lady who answered dont speak English and can you believe they have no website??? so any idea how do we make a reservation? any chance you have a working number for Jason?
    Chris if we did not pay our deposit already we would have definitively considered it, I LOVED his website. You should tell him to get on google! we searched wedding photographer aruba and he never came up so we had no idea he existed when we booked bryan morris.

I pm'd his yesterday on this forum and had a response within 2 hours. I may have another email address for him. I'll check and if I do, I'll get it to you.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast