Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Where can I host a welcome dinner in a completely local environment?

Aruba since 1979
    http://bentpage.net/2011/09/28/zeerovers-a-quick-visit/

here is a nice video and driving directions to zeerovers

i also moved this thread to culinary since it is restaurant/dining related.

Hello andrea this is the same video Jason send us. and we already booked zeerover. will moving the thread help me get some advice regarding pricing for welcome bags for our reception? planner is trying to charge me $40 per bag. I was wondering how other brides deal with the time delay in getting replies from planners? any advice?

Aruba since 1979
    this thread is in both categories culinary and here.

i suggest making a separate thread in the wedding category about the welcome bags.

also a separate thread about wedding planners too.

let me ask
    are you locked in (contract signed and deposit paid) with a wedding planner already?

Quote Originally Posted by Browny82 View Post
    Hello andrea this is the same video Jason send us. and we already booked zeerover. will moving the thread help me get some advice regarding pricing for welcome bags for our reception? planner is trying to charge me $40 per bag. I was wondering how other brides deal with the time delay in getting replies from planners? any advice?

My boyfriends father already paid the $1500 deposit. we tried booking the church wedding ourselves but the priest said we need a planner and when we called passions to book the reception they also said we should work with a planner. So we hired a planner that for the first two weeks mailed me daily and now that the deposit is paid i have to wait about a week for replies. about the bags, i just wanted to know if $40 is to much or is that normal?

Aruba since 1979
    $40 ?? depends on what is in the bag.

My boyfriends father already paid the $1500 deposit. we tried booking the church wedding ourselves but the priest said we need a planner and when we called passions to book the reception they also said we should work with a planner. So we hired a planner that for the first two weeks mailed me daily and now that the deposit is paid i have to wait about a week for replies. about the bags, i just wanted to know if $40 is to much or is that normal?

pricing for welcome bags for our reception? planner is trying to charge me $40 per bag.
    It is just me, but I probably would have simply begun a new thread.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/welcome%20bags.html

I was wondering how other brides deal with the time delay in getting replies from planners? any advice?
    Assistance from Wedding Planners- Slow Turnaround the Norm?

Wedding Planner Issue
    I've been told by others that the actual planning for an island wedding, after the site is chosen/booked, doesn't need to happen until 4 months out.

I think if you read some of the more detailed reviews of planners, you will find that your situation is fairly normal... Persistence and patience.

Not saying that everyone works according to island time, but the island itself runs on island time.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-11-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Hey Benjamin. You know something I printed what you said and took it to Dave's dad and it took a while for George, but after some thought what you said made sense to him. Losing that deposit was the smartest decision we ever made and the planner suggestion you send me was AMAZING!!! And for some reason I think Jason felt bad for us and waived his deposit we just have to pay once we get there. Now I get the whole peace of mind thing...Thanks! And ironically when George e-mailed her to cancel the agreement we got a reply not even 2 minutes later asking why and answering all the questions I have been asking for like 2 months and that kinda pissed him off even more.

ZEEROVER is the place for a true local experience but I doubt they have catering capability. It's fried food by the pound as catch of the day. We brought our own cocktail sauce and tartar. The papaya hot sauce they provide rocks!

The beers are ice cold, music is cranking and the ocean is right in front of you.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://bentpage.net/2011/09/28/zeerovers-a-quick-visit/

here is a nice video and driving directions to zeerovers

i also moved this thread to culinary since it is restaurant/dining related.
    We used these directions when visiting last week...only problem is the Subway is no longer there...thanks to a truck smashing into it. Ooops. The turn is at a now smashed Subway right before a Valero Station on the left.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123