Aruba Beach

Thread: Wine Supplier

ale

Wine Supplier

I want to offer to my guests a special wine option for my wedding dinner and cocktail party. My wedding planner told me I have 2 options: 1) ask for a particular wine in the hotel and they can find it for me (probably will be expensive depending on my selection) 2) bring my own wine & champagne and pay for a corckage fee. Wonder what wine supplier I can contact in the island that can offer a wide variety where I can choose

Aruba since 1979
    if you bring your own wine and champagne, you will be subject to import duty.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by ale View Post
    I want to offer to my guests a special wine option for my wedding dinner and cocktail party. My wedding planner told me I have 2 options: 1) ask for a particular wine in the hotel and they can find it for me (probably will be expensive depending on my selection) 2) bring my own wine & champagne and pay for a corckage fee. Wonder what wine supplier I can contact in the island that can offer a wide variety where I can choose

ale
    yes sure that's the reason why I'm asking if you can recommend a local supplier with good variety and price thanks

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot recommend a local supplier.
    i have a few people i can ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ale View Post
    yes sure that's the reason why I'm asking if you can recommend a local supplier with good variety and price thanks

Try Arion Wine Company. I haven't ordered wine from them for quite some time but the phone number back then was 297-583-3325
    email :info@arionwinecompany.com

I just went on their website and it doesn't tell you much so they are maybe not in business any more but I know that they used to supply the hotels.

Or at Romar Trading and ask for Clive Fausten, he gives very nice wine tastings also. You can also go to La Bodega, that's their winestore. There you often can taste the wines your buying.

Arion Wine Company is definitely still in business. Govert and his team are excellent to deal with. We frequently purchase wines from Arion - a nice selection of wines, many you won't find at the grocery store. Telephone them for directions 583-3325 if the following don't work . . . from Tierra del Sol, head south on the back Noord Road . . . go past the Wema and just past the NG supermarket, take the first left . . . then take another left (a dirt road) - follow that straight to the end - Arion is on your left hand side. Cheers, Michael