Aruba Beach

Thread: This Zilla is having a civil wedding panic attack

This Zilla is having a civil wedding panic attack

I know it will be fine, I know it will be fine, I know it will be fine. . but I keep wondering---what if I never hear from them?

I had a little oooppps with my emails. . .never could get the documents to fax. . .finally got them emailed and the originals have been delivered to Aruba (but just very recently) and I haven't heard anything. . . .

I hate to look at my phone bill--I have called about 25 times and you do get to the automated, so I am sure there is a charge---but no one answers the phone. I have emailed numerous times. . . they probably think I am stalking them.

What if I never hear from Mr. Christiaans????

When is your wedding date?

Aruba since 1979
    download skype so you can get really inexpensive phone calls to aruba or really most anywhere!

who is your planner/coordinator?
    Quote Originally Posted by richandliz View Post
    I know it will be fine, I know it will be fine, I know it will be fine. . but I keep wondering---what if I never hear from them?

I had a little oooppps with my emails. . .never could get the documents to fax. . .finally got them emailed and the originals have been delivered to Aruba (but just very recently) and I haven't heard anything. . . .

I hate to look at my phone bill--I have called about 25 times and you do get to the automated, so I am sure there is a charge---but no one answers the phone. I have emailed numerous times. . . they probably think I am stalking them.

What if I never hear from Mr. Christiaans????

We would like our civil wedding to be on the 5th of August. We are having our beach wedding at the Marriott on the 6th and the marriott is handling that. I guess I am the wedding coordinator for the civil ceremony. I just followed the online guidelines for getting them info. . .the documents took a little while for us to compile but we live in a capitol city, so we just went on a few field trips and got them.

I didn't think of skype. . . I will definitely look that up.

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    could the marriott coordinator act on your behalf finding out and getting the civil ceremony in order?
    and i am sure there would be an additional charge......

good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by richandliz View Post
    We would like our civil wedding to be on the 5th of August. We are having our beach wedding at the Marriott on the 6th and the marriott is handling that. I guess I am the wedding coordinator for the civil ceremony. I just followed the online guidelines for getting them info. . .the documents took a little while for us to compile but we live in a capitol city, so we just went on a few field trips and got them.

I didn't think of skype. . . I will definitely look that up.

Thanks!

AndreaJ,

If I don't hear back in the next day or two I will call my Marriott wedding planner and see if they can get involved. . . I am in active "throw money at everything" stage. . .oh well, it's my WEDDING. I just wish if they can't do it or if I did something wrong, they would just say, they can't do it. We have it planned in Aruba but we could get married here in less than a week and know we are ok for the beach wedding.

I just downloaded skype and called the civil registry office--no answer but it only cost me 43 cents!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Now I can call anyone and everyone in Aruba.

If you are having your wedding at the Marriot then you should be in contact with the wedding coordinator and she will make sure they get the documents. Get her email address and scan the paperwork and have her submit them to the office of civil registry.