Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1st Time in Aruba in Less than a Month!!

1st Time in Aruba in Less than a Month!!

Hi - my husband and I will visiting Aruba for the first time in less than a month for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We are extremely excited about this trip and actually just booked it last week. We were hoping to get some feedback on the best of the following:

Restaurants (we love food and spare no expense!)
    Activities (ATVs, beaches, Spas)
    Things to Know

We will be there for about 6 days. We definitely plan on spending a fair amount of time relaxing but want to know what are the must-do's while in Aruba for our first trip.

Thanks so much everyone!! So excited to be a part of this network!

Welcome to the forum

The tags you used are an excellent source for quick research.

Restaurants (we love food and spare no expense!)
    Restaurants

Culinary & Culture
    restaurants beach
    restaurants romantic
    restaurants seafood

Activities (ATVs, beaches, Spas)
    ATV
    Massage
    Spas

Top Ten Activities

Things to Know
    First Time

Great thanks! I will look through these - any suggestions on your favorite restaurants would also be helpful! ; 0 )

Thanks!
    Lauren

Aruba since 1979
    If you had to pick three...
    check out above link

my favorites in no particular order are
    COOKS
    MADAME JANETTE
    AMADEUS
    BUCCANEER

you mentioned "sparing no expense" i have found the moderately priced places are comparable in deliciousness to some higher end places. we have had BETTER dinners at Buccaneer than at Aqua Grill you will pay extra at some of the waterfront restaurants due to location.

QUOTE=LaurenS228;208387]Great thanks! I will look through these - any suggestions on your favorite restaurants would also be helpful! ; 0 )

Thanks!
    Lauren[/QUOTE]

We'll be there the 13 - 20 ....staying at the Mariott. when and where will you be in Aruba? Palm Beach is the best, we love it Also, a restaurant not to be missed is the Pelican's Nest -- it's out on a dock over the water inbetween the mariott and the holiday inn. Papiamento and Driftwood are also great restaurants too

Aruba since 1979
    lacabana aug 11 - 25 :-)

come to the amsterdam manor beach bar happy hr on monday at 5 pm

Quote Originally Posted by MAB0403 View Post
    We'll be there the 13 - 20 ....staying at the Mariott. when and where will you be in Aruba? Palm Beach is the best, we love it Also, a restaurant not to be missed is the Pelican's Nest -- it's out on a dock over the water inbetween the mariott and the holiday inn. Papiamento and Driftwood are also great restaurants too

I would add Amuse Bistro to your list if you favor quality (great flavors, careful preparation, fresh ingredients, inspiring tastes) over mere quantity (price per pound) . . . Patrick and Ivette are one of the best new introductions to the island . . .

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    First thing I would do is add another week to your Vacation.. Lot's of fun in Aruba and a week just doesn't cut it.
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..

Wow - thanks so much for these responses!! We are going there from August 26th through September 1st. Would love to stay longer but couldn't take the time off from work. We are also staying at the Aruba Marriott - my parents go there every year and highly recommend it. We can't wait!! We made a reservation at the Carte Blanche - and my parents told us to go to Madame Jeanette's and Suisse Chalet - I'll send my husband the restaurants you all suggested and have him check out the menu's and make some reservations. We are super excited to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in paradise!!

My two suggestions for restaurants not to miss are Amadeus and Papiamento. Both completely different experiences, but both very romantic and amazing food!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast