Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1st time visit this friday

1st time visit this friday

Hello everyone!

I just booked a last minute quick trip to Aruba and will arrive this friday. Sadly i am only staying until Monday I need a few days to clear my head and get away from crappy NY weather. I'll be going alone... I'm excited yet very nervous at the same time since i've never travelled internationally. I am wondering how safe I am wandering the island alone?

I don't have ANYTHING planned! My only plan is to lay out on the beach and read. Like I said above, i'm travelling alone and I don't really know what to do out there.

You are going to one of the safest islands in the world,weather will be great relax and enjoy your short stay.When you get back let us know what you did and when you plan to go back.Enjoy....

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum!!

you will be safe, just take typical cautions as you would at home. keep your purse held close. stay out of dark areas.

we advise everyone to be cautious..........that being said, aruba is safe and you will feel comfortable.

enjoy the beach!!

Quote Originally Posted by LQB411 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I just booked a last minute quick trip to Aruba and will arrive this friday. Sadly i am only staying until Monday I need a few days to clear my head and get away from crappy NY weather. I'll be going alone... I'm excited yet very nervous at the same time since i've never travelled internationally. I am wondering how safe I am wandering the island alone?

I don't have ANYTHING planned! My only plan is to lay out on the beach and read. Like I said above, i'm travelling alone and I don't really know what to do out there.

You will be fine traveling alone to Aruba and you will love it. I love Aruba. The people are so nice and friendly. Its the only Island I've ever been too where the people are so friendly and helpful.
    Aruba is very safe so don't worry about walking around by yourself. Where are you staying?

I agree with Andrea, just do what you do at home about safety. It is such a beautiful Island with beautiful people. The PERFECT place for some R&R!! Be sure to take your sun screen, bathing suit and your books. hahahah Enjoy. Let us know how your stay was.

Make a special note of the scent of the island air as you exit the airport. On subsequent visits, that scent will be your signal, that you are 'Home'.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Just relax and enjoy the island even if it's only for a few days. Andrea is right - just take the normal precautions that you would at home and you should be all set. Where are you staying? Knowing where you will be could help us give you some ideas of things to try.

WOW! thank you ALL for the quick feedback! I was begining to have second thoughts about the trip last night, however upon reading the comments i am convinced that I'll be OK. I will be staying in the palm beach area. Should I bring my laptop? SHould I change my money out here or can I do it out there?

you are all great! Thank you!

No need to change money. I've never been any place on the island that didn't accept US $'s. Aruba is very tourist friendly. Depending on where you're staying, you might need to pay for internet access, but if you want to use your lap top, bring it. A lot of the hotels have computers available for use in the lobby area for a fee.

Have a great vacation!
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Don't forget to pack your passport and go and enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast