Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st timer...Honeymoon May 30th-June 6th...

1st timer...Honeymoon May 30th-June 6th...

Hello all! My fiance and I will be getting married May 29th and flying out of Charlotte on May 30th to Aruba. We are booked for One Happy Honeymoon package in the Tara Beach Suites at the Bucuti Beach Resort. My fiance has no idea where we are going for our honeymoon and won't find out until we arrive at the Charlotte airport. I have booked Bully to pick us up at the airport. I have also made reservations at LG Smiths and Texas de Brazil. In addition, I am planning on going to Smokey Joes, Salt and Pepper, Pizza Bob's, and possibly Que Pasa. We are booked to go horseback riding to the natural pool, do a sunset sweetheart sail, rent a Jeep for a day to visit Baby Beach and Arikok Park, and have a couples massage on the beach (all booked through the concierge).

One question I have is will I need to make reservations to Salt & Pepper or Que Pasa in order to have dinner there, or can I just show up and get a table?

Also, please feel free to give input on the things that I have planned and give any suggestions as to things I should do or places I should go. Thank you so much for your help, I look forward to loungin' on the beach with a cold one in hand.

Aruba since 1979
    WOW looks busy!
    when are you going to have time to kick back and enjoy that cols one on the beach?

the bucuti is a great place and you will have a wonderful time.

if you are beach people, you may want to revisit your activities. (if you are going for 2 weeks you are perfect...if one week, you might be overbooked)

i always recommend to 1st timers, to be careful on their activities and also tell folks to take less clothes and pack more bathing suits!

salt n pepper and que pasa, i think you will be ok just showing up. or make a reservation that day.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmutt View Post
    Hello all! My fiance and I will be getting married May 29th and flying out of Charlotte on May 30th to Aruba. We are booked for One Happy Honeymoon package in the Tara Beach Suites at the Bucuti Beach Resort. My fiance has no idea where we are going for our honeymoon and won't find out until we arrive at the Charlotte airport. I have booked Bully to pick us up at the airport. I have also made reservations at LG Smiths and Texas de Brazil. In addition, I am planning on going to Smokey Joes, Salt and Pepper, Pizza Bob's, and possibly Que Pasa. We are booked to go horseback riding to the natural pool, do a sunset sweetheart sail, rent a Jeep for a day to visit Baby Beach and Arikok Park, and have a couples massage on the beach (all booked through the concierge).

One question I have is will I need to make reservations to Salt & Pepper or Que Pasa in order to have dinner there, or can I just show up and get a table?

Also, please feel free to give input on the things that I have planned and give any suggestions as to things I should do or places I should go. Thank you so much for your help, I look forward to loungin' on the beach with a cold one in hand.

Thanks Andrea, we actually are beach people, so after your reply I rethought my plans and canceled the day trip to Baby Beach and Arikok Park and shuffled some things to give us some more time to relax on the beach. Thanks again and have a great day!

Welcome, and most definitely take AndreaJ's advice, do not over book. You will be back, Enjoy your Honeymoon!

Congrats to you. Welcome to the forum, you will find out soooooooo much here! It is great. Enjoy your time in Aruba, I am sure you will be back.
    Wish you much love and happiness on your new life together!
    Pat

Congrats on the Honeymoon ! I too and a First time traveler to Aruba and soon to be honeymooner ! Sounds like your going to have a blast ! Be sure to post a trip report so we know how it went ! ( I go in November )

Thanks so much everyone. I am sure that my fiance and I will love it and hopefully we will be blessed enough to make it back. I will definitely give a trip report after we return. Now if this next month would just hurry and get over with .

Thumbs up

JD - Congrats. I looks like you pulled the hat trick and have a terrific stay planned. Just go with the flow and I am sure you and your wife will have a blast.
    We arrive on the 29th so I'll make sure there is plenty of champagne on the island - we may run into at Smokey Joe's.
    Have a safe flight and I know things will go according to your plan

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon....you are missing probably the #1 restaurant on the island...Madame Jeannettes.
    I would personally pass on Que Pasa, not such a great meal the past 2 times. Same area, better food would be Yemanja. other places to try would be Amadeus and Moby Dicks.

You will love Bucuti. We have stayed there twice and love it. We are getting married on Eagle beach in July and will be there for two weeks this year. You have got some great things planned. You will have a great time! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage also!
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast