Aruba Beach

Thread: 1st Visit - 8/30 to 9/06

1st Visit - 8/30 to 9/06

Hello everyone! My first visit to Aruba is scheduled for 8/30 until 9/06 and I am beginning to get VERY excited! My fiance and I are taking our 3 year old daughter and have a 2 bedroom unit at Marriott's Surf Club (we exchanged our Vegas unit for this one...what a deal!). I have been reading all of the informative posts in this forum and would like to thank everyone for sharing advice and suggestions...it has made my planning much easier! I welcome any and all suggestions for family excursions with the 3 year old, as well as suggestions for cheap dining, etc. Thanks again!

Butterfly Farm

You should check out the butterfly farm with your 3 yr old, it is not real exciting for adults but I am sure a 3yr old would love it.

They were working on a waterpark but not sure what the completion status is.

Great move! Aruba is better than Vegas any day!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the information everyone...keep the ideas coming! I'm sure we will spend most of our time either in the pool at the Surf Club or on the beach, but we do try to make our yearly trip into a nice history/cultural lesson for her (it's never too early to start teaching you know!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrie74 View Post
    I welcome any and all suggestions for family excursions with the 3 year old, as well as suggestions for cheap dining, etc. Thanks again!
    If you rent a vehicle make it air conditioned. Keep the 3 yr old out of the sun when you have the opportunity....save the sun time for the water. Buy your waterproof SPF 50 at home (expensive in Aruba)and use it regularly. Buy snacks at Ling & Son grocery store....maybe breakfast food too...you'll find most anything you buy at home.

Consider an excursion to DePalm Island....they have a water park....may be fun! Downtown shopping at "the huts". Downtown would give a break from the sun.

As for food....yes, there are Subways, McD's, Dunkin Donuts, Taco Bells, Burger Kings in Aruba. Exquisite dining for a 3-yr old!

Remember....Aruba is a desert....after you leave the resort area or downtown there is not much of interest for a 3-yr old.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sherri 74...Hi, my husband just posted, and i wanted to add a few things to his list...
    Depalm island's water park would probably be perfect for your little one. Its kid friendly, kinda reminds of Water Country in NH. Anyway, its a great place for a little kid, check out the Depalm site for pictures of it. We would have gone, but our teens are WAY to big for the place. There is other things to do on the depalm island also, so it may be a great "take" for you.
    Other things to do would include ; dancing waters at the new mall in the high rise area. When we were there all my little nieces and nephews were dancing to the music outside while the water danced. Very cute for them, and lots of fun for us. Nice place, shows were around 7:30, 8:30, though check b4 you go.
    Music changed at the different shows..ours was Elvis and then the beatles for the 2 shows we watched. ALso had ice cream while we watched the show.
    Now, I will be honest and say I would NOT take a 3 yr old on the Depalm boat, yes, my niece went( 16 mts), but to be honest, I watched in fear.
    I also haven't heard much buzz about the drive in or movie theatres. If you need an escape, there's a place to go to cool down. My husband will not go to the movies while there, but I am always up for it.
    Other things to look into are glass bottom boat, mini golf, ostrich farm...
    No matter what, you are in for a great trip. cindyo

Wow! Great ideas. Thanks so much everyone! Lucy, my daughter, is beginning to get VERY excited about our upcoming trip.
    Sherri
    My FIRST Aruba trip in